can not log in after upgrade to latest version

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
huggle

can not log in after upgrade to latest version

Post by huggle » Wed May 01, 2019 10:33 am

I've upgraded a board from 3.2.2 to the version released yesterday (3.2.6) and am running a template on it that is based on the standard prosilver, only with customized colour settings. Other than that there are no changes to the original software.
I was able to post immediately after the upgrade and the installation of the modified template.
However, now, 2 hours later, upon trying to log on I get the message:
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
The database entry for my username appears to be correct. I suspect a problem with the login form itself. So far it would seem that I am the only board member with this problem as others have posted in the meantime.
Still, it's both embarassing and annoying when the admin is locked out of her own board.

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
if you make it idiot-proof
someone will upgrade the idiot

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Re: can not log in after upgrade to latest version

Post by Scanialady » Wed May 01, 2019 10:38 am

Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.

huggle

Post by huggle » Wed May 01, 2019 11:00 am

Herzlichen Dank =) Wenn es hier eine Suchfunktion gäbe, könnte man solche Doppelthemen doch glatt vermeiden ;)
Versteh ich das richtig, daß es derzeit außer einem (manuellen) downgrade auf 3.2.5 oder Tastenplayers code-Deaktivierung noch keine Lösung gibt?

Thanks! If there was a search function for this forum, such double requests could actually be avoided. (No offense meant to our revered Admins, but imho a forum like this really needs a keyword search enabled - with so many new posts every day one simply is not physically able to read them all. To misquote Spock: The posting speed of the many exceeds the reading speed of the one.)

Do I understand correctly that besides a downgrade to 3.2.5 and Tastenplyer's code edit there is currently no solution to this bug?

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady » Wed May 01, 2019 11:07 am

There is a hotfix at https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/5578 for ticket 16036
There is a hotfix at https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/5579 for ticket 16037

if you don't want to restore your 3.2.5 backups
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.

Holger

Post by Holger » Wed May 01, 2019 11:11 am

The codefixes in login_body and index_body are included in the package I downloaded today it seems?!

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Wed May 01, 2019 11:27 am

huggle wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:00 am
Thanks! If there was a search function for this forum, such double requests could actually be avoided. (No offense meant to our revered Admins, but imho a forum like this really needs a keyword search enabled
there is a search function. but it was moved into the "Quick links" drop menu so it's actually hiding from people that are not familiar with the newer forum software. i honestly think that the FAQ and search should be switched or search just moved out of that menu and onto navbar where it would be easier for people to find :roll:

Holger

Post by Holger » Wed May 01, 2019 11:32 am

spaceace wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:27 am
there is a search function. but it was moved into the "Quick links" drop menu so it's actually hiding from people that are not familiar with the newer forum software. i honestly think that the FAQ and search should be switched or search just moved out of that menu and onto navbar where it would be easier for people to find :roll:
Agreed!

huggle

Post by huggle » Wed May 01, 2019 11:41 am

thank you, spaceace!

Bug is fixed temporarily.
EA117 presumed that
EA117 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:38 pm
Login is failing on a board using a style that inherits from proSilver but redefines login_body.html and/or index_body, and doesn't contain the 3.2.6 change.
In case of my board it was a genuine proSilver as included in the auto-update to 3.2.6 with only the colour settings altered, but those new code elements in the 3 unedited standard files were indeed what caused the problem.

I replaced the following 3.2.6 files with their respective 3.2.5 predecessors:
styles/prosilver/template/login_body.html
styles/prosilver/template/index_body.html
includes/functions.php

and -voila! I can log in. (YAY!!!)

[paragraph deleted because it's not a good idea, particularly for beginners, to try the method suggested in said paragraph. Thanks to kinerity for alerting me to that! Image]
Last edited by huggle on Wed May 01, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed May 01, 2019 11:48 am

spaceace wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:27 am
huggle wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:00 am
Thanks! If there was a search function for this forum, such double requests could actually be avoided. (No offense meant to our revered Admins, but imho a forum like this really needs a keyword search enabled
It hasn't been moved anywhere. There's a search box at the top right of every page and also next to the new topic button at the top of each forum. Always has been.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by kinerity » Wed May 01, 2019 11:50 am

huggle wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:41 am
Just in case I'll manually downgrade to a genuine 3.2.5 within the next days (can't use a backup as the board was upgraded from 3.2.2). If you'd like to do that, too, remember that the database was upgraded as well and now firmly insists that it is 3.2.6. You will have to edit the version number manually into 3.2.5 or else there is a certain possibility that it might cause trouble.
Please don't do this. If you have a backup of your 3.2.2 board, restore that (you should have made a database backup before you upgraded). Fixes are making their way through the development process.

Either wait, incorporate the appropriate fixes, or go back to 3.2.2.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

huggle

Post by huggle » Wed May 01, 2019 3:13 pm

good advice indeed. I just did so.

@KevC: Not quite on every page, I'm afraid. Unfortunately, any sort of obvious search button is missing on the forum index (the command is hidden in the quick links there). In the cathegory index the search box is between the first two subcathegories and threads that belong to no subcathegory. On the subforum index the search box is at the top of the page. It'd be nice if that were unified a bit. The regular posters are of course familiar with every detail of the board, but your average user comes to a support forum only when they need support, which - thanks to the excellent programmers *bows reverently* - is only rarely the case.
Last edited by huggle on Wed May 01, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Wed May 01, 2019 3:28 pm

The search box at the top right of this page is on every page, it never moves because it's in the header.
The forum search boxes are right next to the new topic/reply button on every forum so that you see it right when you're about to post giving you a heads up that you could search before you post. It's in the same place on every page that the button is on.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

huggle

Post by huggle » Wed May 01, 2019 3:38 pm

Ah! It's what I use to call a "communication knot". We say the same word but mean two different things.
I get now which box you mean but have you ever tried it out? I did and it doesn't search the support forum but the whole phpbb.com site. What I and many other users were looking for (and have found in teh meantime) was the search button that works specifically on and exclusively for the forum.

But we're steering this tread off-topic which will anger the Mods, Admins and other readers. Please feel free to PM me any time if you like to continue or if you just feel in the mood for a chat :)

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Wed May 01, 2019 9:14 pm

KevC wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:48 am
It hasn't been moved anywhere. There's a search box at the top right of every page and also next to the new topic button at the top of each forum. Always has been.
that is a Google search and not a proper forum search function. when using it, you have no control over any search options. the actual phpBB search that has been removed from the header and replaced with the Google search is hidden in the Quick links drop menu. a quick example of one vs. the other...

i search for this in both cases
can't log in after update
google returns about 6,480,000 old results
screencapture-phpbb-search-2019-05-01-17_06_42.png
phpBB returns 1919 results for the same search
screencapture-phpbb-community-search-php-2019-05-01-17_07_54.png
the first result from Google is from over 2 years ago while from the proper phpBB search is much more relevant and accurate from what i see

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”