Discuss: phpBB 3.2.6 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Lady_G

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.6 Release

Post by Lady_G »

Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

We have posted a Known issues in 3.2.6 topic to collect information in one place. Please continue to utilize the tracker for bug reports. That topic will be updated should any major bugs be discovered. Thanks for everyone's patience and cooperation.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
JupiterGPL

Post by JupiterGPL »

Holger wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:46 pm
WelshPaul wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:42 pm
Holger wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:20 pm Automatic update went through smoothly, thanks!

But: Anybody else having problems with links to external sites not parsing as links anymore?
I just edited a test post on my board and entered www.google.co.uk and it parsed as a link.

EDIT: works here too
Thank you for confirming!
I have a strange bug it seems!
You are not the only one... I am having the same problem on my site after upgrading from 3.2.5
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Please stick to your topic in support. 🙂
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

The error concerning the new PM color reported, that under certain conditions there is an error message at the top of the header and the search header changes is too risky for me. I will not update my new Styleforum to 3.2.6 (It's still under construction). My server might not participate.
(In every style the search header changes, no matter where the search header is placed. Except in the style, where there is only one search button in the header. A ticket was opened because of that).Thanks to Matt Friedman! (I had spent hours looking for the cause of this problem and reinstalled my TB five times.) https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16037

Also, I get logged out of my local 3.2.6 Quickinstall board all the time when I choose a new style. I am also suddenly logged out during style editing. I have a lot of local phpbb versions in Quickinstall and none of these problems.
PHP version: 7.1.19 - MySQL(i) 10.1.34-MariaDB
Edit: Login in header is no problem in my board 3.2.6 only in Quicklogin on index

Not that this contribution is noticed again as support contribution, that is only my opinion and experience.

Edit:
Yesterday at noon the three patches updated in my TB.
Everything seems to work as usual again.
But one still waits, perhaps somewhere still something comes to the fore which is not yet true...
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.
🎨 All my styles are updated to 3.3.8 and can be downloaded here
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

As always, since long as I can remember, updating is never a simple step with phpbb

Hopefully by 2030 the software will include a self-update feature, kinda like Wordpress.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I believe that is in the works.

however, updating phpbb has been very quick and easy for quite some time.

I think that anyone who wants a website ( phpbb installed on a server is part of a website or it may be the whole website, just depends on the owner ) should learn at least the basics of how to maintain their website. this includes things like creating databases, using ftp, creating email addresses etc.

If you have that basic knowledge of how to use your hosting control panel to maintain your website, then you should have no problem following these instructions on how to update your phpbb:

Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x

just a few steps and works pretty much flawlessly every time.

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:49 pm just a few steps and works pretty much flawlessly every time.
Unless of course there are flaws that need patching like in this instance yet again. I pity those that decide to use the one click installers via cPanel.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Lady_G

Post by Lady_G »

Is there a plan to accelerate the release date of 3.2.7? Release candidate 3.2.7-RC1 is currently being tested.

I need to plan my updates in advance and would prefer to not have two updates (3.2.6, then 3.2.7) in a very short period of time.

If 3.2.7 will be released soon, I can then update directly from 3.2.5 to 3.2.7.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I believe that 3.2.7 will mainly be to correct the issues with 3.2.6 so I would wait for 3.2.7
as usual, it will be released when it is ready. that could be today or a month from now. there is no rush to update from 3.2.5

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

RC releases are only for test and provide feedback. ;)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
CD130

Post by CD130 »

Many thanks for the update and all the fixes. 3.2.6 works great now 👍
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

Closing this as phpBB 3.2.7 has been released: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2510666

Return to “phpBB Discussion”