Making mod not working right

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
stubbeguy

Making mod not working right

Post by stubbeguy »

Sorry I tried looking for an answer but could not find. Currently have 3.2.7 and using Milk Theme V2 which is compatible. I maganed to make a admin with no issues. Tried going through steps to make a global mod but seems when I do they can no longer sign it. I make global mod the default group and poof she looses access to forum. At first when left it as registered group she was listed under staff as a mod. But I want her to have the rank of mod, the color she should and be listed as moderator like and not say registered guest. So is there any help I ca get? I would gladly give temp permission to staff if they wanted to have a look or maybe a list on what to do that will allow me to make her mod, listed as mod and not registered member as once i make her default group to mod she has no access to site.

Thanks
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Making mod not working right

Post by Brf »

You should be leaving all of your users in the Registered Users group.
Add your moderator user additionally to the Global Moderators group, and make that group the default group, so the Rank and Color are correct.
They would be getting Forum Permissions from the Registered Users group and Moderator Permissions from the Global Moderators group.
stubbeguy

Re: Making mod not working right

Post by stubbeguy »

Thanks worked perfectly.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”