Can't login on localhost

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Kattnienika

Can't login on localhost

Post by Kattnienika » Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Hello,

I have a problem. I installed phpBB on localhost and everything went well. But after automatic logout, I can no longer log back in because there's always a error: The submitted form is invalid. Try sending it again.

Can you help me please? :-)

EA117

Re: Can't login on localhost

Post by EA117 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:22 pm

In the phpMyAdmin or whatever your database editor for the localhost installation is, go to your phpbb_config table (or whichever table name prefix you're actually using, instead of "phpbb_") and find the form_token_sid_guests row. Change the config_value field for that row from the default of "1" to "0". (The "is_dynamic" field will already be "0", and should remain that way.)

This disables the "Tie forms to guest sessions" in the ACP Security Settings section. If that does help you work around the problem, it means the session ID was changing on your logged-out sessions, for reasons I don't actually know how to explain yet.

Note this does assume you're using the current phpBB 3.2.7. Getting "invalid_form" at login on phpBB 3.2.6 could have other causes.

Community Team Member Note Proceed with caution and only if you REALLY know what you are doing.
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Wed May 22, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Caution note added

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 pm

we are also assuming that by "localhost" you mean on your personal computer and not a hosting account with a hosting company.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Kattnienika

Post by Kattnienika » Wed May 22, 2019 3:16 am

Yes, localhost is my personal computer and I have phpbb 3.2.7. :)

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Wed May 22, 2019 3:27 am

Delete the cookies from your browser those related to the localhost page, delete the boards' cookies as well from the bottom of the board.

That's what I did last day for a fresh 3.2.7 install on a free shared host I use for testing our extensions in a poor environment.

The forgot password's email are sent despite such error (see your spam folder in case).
Using such email helps you to gain back access to the board btw.
I don't think though emails can be sent from your PC using a stack like xammp or whatever else if not appropriately modded.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
✒️ Black Friday 2019 @ The Studio ▪️◾️

Kattnienika

Post by Kattnienika » Wed May 22, 2019 6:12 am

EA117 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:22 pm
In the phpMyAdmin or whatever your database editor for the localhost installation is, go to your phpbb_config table (or whichever table name prefix you're actually using, instead of "phpbb_") and find the form_token_sid_guests row. Change the config_value field for that row from the default of "1" to "0". (The "is_dynamic" field will already be "0", and should remain that way.)

This disables the "Tie forms to guest sessions" in the ACP Security Settings section. If that does help you work around the problem, it means the session ID was changing on your logged-out sessions, for reasons I don't actually know how to explain yet.

Note this does assume you're using the current phpBB 3.2.7. Getting "invalid_form" at login on phpBB 3.2.6 could have other causes.
It's working, thank you. :-)

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:41 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 pm
we are also assuming that by "localhost" you mean on your personal computer and not a hosting account with a hosting company.
Why should "we" assume that - you may assume that but many hosting accounts, if correctly configured, will use localhost - it saves having to change connection details if they move server.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed May 22, 2019 2:19 pm

I know, that is why I brought it up. in most cases people don't call it localhost when they are talking about their hosting account.
EA117 was giving advice based on the assumption that the OP was talking about his installation on his computer.

that is why I wanted to be sure we were NOT talking about localhost as related to the hosting account.

sorry for the confusion.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”