[ABD] Topic Age Warning

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
John Robi

Topic Age Warning; gettin new error

Post by John Robi »

Hello,

Details:
Running phpBB 3.2.5 with Enabled Extensions: Auto Groups, Board Announcements, Board Rules, External link in new window, Header banner, Quick Reply on last page only, Quick Reply reloaded, Topic age warning & VigLink.
PHP 7.1.14, MySQL 5.1.3, Apache 2.2.24, local : Firefox 65.0.2, Windows 10

I have been testing out Topic age warning. It seemed to be working well, I unlocked several topics to see the interaction and I received a warning message at the top of the window. See image below.

I disabled the extension and the message want away. I deleted the data and uninstalled the extension. Still no error message. I reinstalled from new and enabled the extension. Same error message displays. I did disable extension Quick Reply on last page as well because it was the last extension installed and right after Topic age warning.

David, you out there?

david63

Re: [3.2][RC] Topic Age Warning

Post by david63 »

John Robi wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:22 am David, you out there?
Yes I am

Can you post the error so that I can read it - that is way too small.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
John Robi

Post by John Robi »

Hello,

David, so glad your there. I captured the image in sections to get it bigger.

Also, do note the error only displays when I click on a topic that exceeds the age threshold.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Why not just copy/paste the error message? It's easier and faster... :D
John Robi

Post by John Robi »

Hello,

Well, I got used to the snipping tool where I may keep a .jpg log of all images sent. Copy/paste and I would have to have a second folder to log the information sent.

That said here is copy/paste:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/topicagewarning/event/listener.php on line 105: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4564: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3314)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4564: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3314)

Thanks for your observation. I guess I need to get out of my log all mode from time to time.

**************** update ********************** update

I have thought about installing a backup of the DB to see if that effects the error. I am already using the backup of phpBB prior to the extensions first install.

Thoughts?
david63

Post by david63 »

I cannot reproduce that error - can you post a copy of the settings page
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
John Robi

Post by John Robi »

Hello,

Here are snippet jpg's.

Do note, the last action I performed was to unlock a locked topic in order to view the warning when my browser crashed. I relaunched the browser (Firefox) and all tabs were automatically restored. The errors now appeared. I then disabled the extension, re-enabled, then disabled & deleted the data, re-enabled, then disabled & deleted data and uninstalled the extension. Then, reinstalled & enabled, then, uninstalled all again and loaded from new, then uninstalled again and loaded my phpBB backup made prior to the first install of the extension & installed the extension from new. Only the DB has not been reloaded from backup.

****************** UP DATE ************************* UP DATE **************************

I loaded a backup of the data base made prior to the extension installation. The board crashed, fatal error. To top that, the backup of the DB I made 10 minutes earlier wont load. 12 hours spent reconstructing the DB. Installed even older backup of phpbb. Board up and running again. This has me bugged.

The only next step I can see is to install phpbb new & create a new data base, install the extension and build from there. Not really sure I want to take on all that work.

David, any thoughts?

Anyone, any thoughts?
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

david63 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:55 pm Yes I am
Hello David, this mod of yours looks perfect for my requirements, unfortunately the mod download links no longer work ? has it been discontinued ?

Hopefully not
Thanks
david63

Post by david63 »

mrix2000 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:47 am has it been discontinued ?
No - I am in the middle of some re-organisation and it should be back in a couple of days
David

mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

david63 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am
mrix2000 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:47 am has it been discontinued ?
No - I am in the middle of some re-organisation and it should be back in a couple of days
That`s fantastic News 8-)

Just an couple of questions, I have been having a discussion with my moderators and they like the idea of having the warning on the old threads, but there are some that are healthy to be reactivated and many others that are not etc, having a warning to make New members aware these type of threads are old is ideal but is there anyway from stopping the topic being lock on old threads so it makes the op aware to post or not ?

Thanks
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

mrix2000 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm Just an couple of questions, I have been having a discussion with my moderators and they like the idea of having the warning on the old threads, but there are some that are healthy to be reactivated and many others that are not etc, having a warning to make New members aware these type of threads are old is ideal but is there anyway from stopping the topic being lock on old threads so it makes the op aware to post or not ?
One of the settings (visible in the screenshot of the settings above by John Robi, is "Lock old topic: Yes | No". If set to no, it would show a warning that the topic is old without locking it automatically.

EDIT: I took a brief look into the error John Robi reported. The error message indicates an issue with this line in the listener.php code:

Code: Select all

if (($this->config['taw_all_forums'] || in_array($topic_data['forum_id'], $taw_forums)) && $topic_data['topic_status'] != ITEM_LOCKED && $this->config['taw_interval'] > 0)
Particularly, in_array[$topic_data['forum_id'], $taw_forums) is where the error is thrown. It is saying that $taw_forums is null but an array is expected. Just from looking at the screenshot you posted, the "Select Forums" setting doesn't appear to have any forums selected, so that is likely what is causing $taw_forums to contain a null value. If you select at least one forum it may resolve that error.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
thetgc

Post by thetgc »

Any news on when the download will be available again? Seems like just the sort of extension I could do with on my forum :)
david63

Post by david63 »

thetgc wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:23 pm Any news on when the download will be available again? Seems like just the sort of extension I could do with on my forum :)
Links updated in OP
David

thetgc

Post by thetgc »

Thanks David. Very much appreciated :)
eumelchen

Post by eumelchen »

Hello, I have the extension installed in my test forum (phpBB 3.2.5 PHP 7.2). When I activate the extension the following error message appears:
Beim Aufbau des Containers durch phpBB ist wegen einer installierten Erweiterung ein Fehler aufgetreten. Aus diesem Grund wurden alle Erweiterungen vorrübergehend deaktiviert. Bitte versuche das Problem zu beheben, in dem du den Cache des Boards leerst. Alle Erweiterungen werden automatisch wieder aktiviert, sobald der Container-Fehler behoben ist. Wenn das Problem dauerhaft auftritt, besuche bitte phpBB.com (englisch) für Support (deutschsprachiger Support auf phpBB.de).

Fehler: The service "david63.topicagewarning.listener" has a dependency on a non-existent parameter "tables". Did you mean one of these: "tables.acl_groups", "tables.acl_options", "tables.acl_roles", "tables.acl_roles_data", "tables.acl_users", "tables.attachments", "tables.auth_provider_oauth_token_storage", "tables.auth_provider_oauth_states", "tables.auth_provider_oauth_account_assoc", "tables.banlist", "tables.bbcodes", "tables.bookmarks", "tables.bots", "tables.captcha_qa_questions", "tables.captcha_qa_answers", "tables.captcha_qa_confirm", "tables.config", "tables.config_text", "tables.confirm", "tables.disallow", "tables.drafts", "tables.ext", "tables.extensions", "tables.extension_groups", "tables.forums", "tables.forums_access", "tables.forums_track", "tables.forums_watch", "tables.groups", "tables.icons", "tables.lang", "tables.log", "tables.login_attempts", "tables.migrations", "tables.moderator_cache", "tables.modules", "tables.notification_types", "tables.notifications", "tables.poll_options", "tables.poll_votes", "tables.posts", "tables.privmsgs", "tables.privmsgs_folder", "tables.privmsgs_rules", "tables.privmsgs_to", "tables.profile_fields", "tables.profile_fields_data", "tables.profile_fields_options_language", "tables.profile_fields_language", "tables.ranks", "tables.reports", "tables.reports_reasons", "tables.search_results", "tables.search_wordlist", "tables.search_wordmatch", "tables.sessions", "tables.sessions_keys", "tables.sitelist", "tables.smilies", "tables.sphinx", "tables.styles", "tables.styles_template", "tables.styles_template_data", "tables.styles_theme", "tables.styles_imageset", "tables.styles_imageset_data", "tables.teampage", "tables.topics", "tables.topics_posted", "tables.topics_track", "tables.topics_watch", "tables.user_group", "tables.user_notifications", "tables.users", "tables.warnings", "tables.words", "tables.zebra", "andreask.ium.tables.reminder_table", "derky.sortables.tables.questions", "derky.sortables.tables.answers", "derky.sortables.tables.confirm", "phpbb.ads.tables.ads", "phpbb.ads.tables.ad_group", "phpbb.ads.tables.ad_locations", "tables.usermap.places", "tables.usermap.place_types", "tables.usermap.comments", "tables.usermap.maps"?

#0 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php(200): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag->get('tables')
#1 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php(171): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag->resolveString('%tables%', Array)
#2 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php(161): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag->resolveValue('%tables%', Array)
#3 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/ResolveParameterPlaceHoldersPass.php(37): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ParameterBag\ParameterBag->resolveValue(Array)
#4 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/Compiler.php(102): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\ResolveParameterPlaceHoldersPass->process(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#5 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(587): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\Compiler->compile(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#6 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/phpbb/di/container_builder.php(198): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->compile()
#7 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/common.php(115): phpbb\di\container_builder->get_container()
#8 /is/htdocs/wp10567211_MOYUN7QYCB/www/test/adm/index.php(23): require('/is/htdocs/wp10...')
#9 {main}
What is the reason?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”