Log IP Address on Registration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
78%
Very Good
11%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 143

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Log IP Address on Registration

Post by Extensions Robot » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:22 am

Modification name: Log IP Address on Registration
Author: TerraFrost
Modification description: Logs the IP address of users when they register.
Modification version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: reg_ip.zip
File size: 1640 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. category
    1. Security
  2. phpbb
    1. 2.0.14
    2. 2.0.22
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:03 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Logs the IP addresses of newly registering users.

Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:18 pm

Does this work with Ptiiriik's Profile Control Panel? I ask because I used another mod and it didn't log the IP addresses because of the PCP. :?

Not a complaint if it doesn't (as you aren't required to support other people's mods), but a cheers if it does! ;)

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Appears to work as advertized and without errors. Nice job Jim.

Just a suggestion for a next version (if you plan on having one):

Within the login form, check to see if there is already a value (other than 0.0.0.0) stored in the db, and if there is not, update it.

This would be a nice method to grab the value for those who've registered before this MOD is installed ;)

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:46 pm

Does this work with Ptiiriik's Profile Control Panel? I ask because I used another mod and it didn't log the IP addresses because of the PCP.

I don't know - I'll try to install it sometime this weekend (or the week after; this weekends kinda packed for me) and see if it does and how to make it work if it doesn't.
Within the login form, check to see if there is already a value (other than 0.0.0.0) stored in the db, and if there is not, update it.

That is a good idea - thanks! :D

4rum

Post by 4rum » Sun May 01, 2005 11:05 am

8) Nice one thanks TerraFrost
AbelaJohnB wrote: Just a suggestion for a next version (if you plan on having one):
This would be a nice method to grab the value for those who've registered before this MOD is installed ;)

Great idea.

Also, is there a way to incorporate this in wGErics' admin userlist 2.0.2

hojko

Post by hojko » Sun May 01, 2005 8:40 pm

Cross_+_Flame wrote: Does this work with Ptiiriik's Profile Control Panel? I ask because I used another mod and it didn't log the IP addresses because of the PCP. :?

Not a complaint if it doesn't (as you aren't required to support other people's mods), but a cheers if it does! ;)
I have same problem with PCP.

3Di
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Mon May 02, 2005 5:55 am

The question: i have a phpbb2.0.14 + CH RC4, does this mod works onit? And.. works also with old registrations?

thx in advance
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Mon May 02, 2005 6:40 am

i have a phpbb2.0.14 + CH RC4, does this mod works onit?

I'd assume it would, although I can't say that it will, definitively. Unlike the PCP MOD, the CH MOD doesn't (I don't believe) replace large portions of code in usercp_register.php.

Code: Select all

And.. works also with old registrations?
Nope, although AbelaJohnB's suggestion - which I'll try to implement along with PCP and Admin Userlist support sometime this week - should work quite nicely :)

I'll post the modifications in this thread when I'm finished :)

Teletran One

Post by Teletran One » Mon May 02, 2005 6:43 am

If you're going to put that retroactive thing in, I'll wait for you to finish before downloading it.

blinddruid

Post by blinddruid » Mon May 02, 2005 3:19 pm

I installed it and its not working for me. The latest member that registered has this in their profile - Registration IP Address: 0.0.0.0

I noticed that when I tried to edit the mysql table for this mod, for some reason it would not take the CHAR setting. It would automatically revert to the VARCHAR(8) setting. Is this a problem?

SeraphicGate

Post by SeraphicGate » Mon May 02, 2005 10:45 pm

What would be the best way to give an IP for myself and one other user, we both were members before I installed this mod. And we both have 0.0.0.0 for the registration IP. New users work fine though.

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Tue May 03, 2005 3:02 am

What would be the best way to give an IP for myself and one other user, we both were members before I installed this mod. And we both have 0.0.0.0 for the registration IP. New users work fine though.

AbelaJohnB had a good idea as to how this could be done. Pretty much, you use the IP address any given user has when they log on. I'm gonna try to implement this feature (along with adding compatability for the PCP MOD and the Admin Userlist MOD) later this week (I can't do it atm 'cause I have an exam tomorrow :()
I installed it and its not working for me. The latest member that registered has this in their profile - Registration IP Address: 0.0.0.0

If the latest member registered before you installed this MOD, then that's the problem. I hope they didn't register afterwards, 'cause if so, I have no idea what the problem would be, atm :(
I noticed that when I tried to edit the mysql table for this mod, for some reason it would not take the CHAR setting. It would automatically revert to the VARCHAR(8 ) setting. Is this a problem?

Nope - that shouldn't be a problem.

SeraphicGate

Post by SeraphicGate » Tue May 03, 2005 5:29 am

TerraFrost wrote:

AbelaJohnB had a good idea as to how this could be done. Pretty much, you use the IP address any given user has when they log on. I'm gonna try to implement this feature (along with adding compatability for the PCP MOD and the Admin Userlist MOD) later this week (I can't do it atm 'cause I have an exam tomorrow :()

I think I know what you mean. Enter the IP into both our user account tables right? Problem is I tried that, and our IP's our longer then 8. So they won't fit. Also, if I remember right it still didn't display the correct part of the IP that did fit into the user table.

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Tue May 03, 2005 5:36 am

I think I know what you mean. Enter the IP into both our user account tables right? Problem is I tried that, and our IP's our longer then 8. So they won't fit. Also, if I remember right it still didn't display the correct part of the IP that did fit into the user table.

You're trying to do it by hand? That could be a little tricky, actually. I sorta compress the IP's using the encode_ip function from functions.php. I can probably whip together a quick script to convert normal IP addresses into the compressed ones tomorrow (I'm gonna go study for a test after this post, which is why it's not gonna get done today).

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”