Posts not publicly visible / bulk approve posts? (Updated 3.1-3.2- All posts need approval)

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
arclight

Posts not publicly visible / bulk approve posts? (Updated 3.1-3.2- All posts need approval)

Post by arclight » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:17 pm

I recently updated from 3.1 to 3.2 via command line and it appears not everything took correctly.

Now, all my old posts are unapproved and need to be approved via the MCP to appear.

I have tens of thousands of old posts so doing it via the MCP would take forever. Is there any way to approve them in bulk? i.e. can I go into Mysql and get it done all at once?

Thanks
Last edited by arclight on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: How to bulk approve posts? (Updated 3.1-3.2- All posts need approval)

Post by stevemaury » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_visibility = 1 WHERE post_visibility = 0;
UPDATE phpbb_topics SET topic_visibility = 1 WHERE topic_visibility = 0;
If your table prefix is not phpbb_ change accordingly and backup both tables first.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Please file a bug report at the tracker with as more details as you can.

https://tracker.phpbb.com/
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

arclight

Post by arclight » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:45 pm

stevemaury wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 pm
Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_posts SET post_visibility = 1 WHERE post_visibility = 0;
UPDATE phpbb_topics SET topic_visibility = 1 WHERE topic_visibility = 0;
If your table prefix is not phpbb_ change accordingly and backup both tables first.
Ok thanks.

UPDATE: I ran the query and it fixed some of the problem but not all the way through.

While there are now no longer any posts in the MCP approval queue, now the newly approved posts are only visible when I'm logged in as admin. They're still invisible to everyone else.

If I log out and view as a guest/visitor, I can only see the posts that I had previously approved from the MCP, after this happened. i.e. my main forum shows only 160 topics to visitors even though it should have thousands (which I do see when logged in as admin).

Seems there's one last step to get all of those posts fully publicly visible as if they were approved via moderation...any ideas? Something in the MCP or in forum permissions? Or an additional field to attack via mysql query? Thanks.

arclight

Re: How to bulk approve posts? (Updated 3.1-3.2- All posts now need approval)

Post by arclight » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:13 pm

Bump... Posts are still not visible to public or regular users when logged out of admin account. Thanks

arclight

Re: How to bulk approve posts? (Updated 3.1-3.2- All posts now need approval)

Post by arclight » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Bumping this one again.

Still cant see all posts unless logged in as Admin so some flag still left to change for full public visibility.

Thanks.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Posts not publicly visible / bulk approve posts? (Updated 3.1-3.2- All posts need approval)

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:32 pm

make sure the anonymous user is in the guest group and that nobody else is in the guest group.

also, check permissions for the registered user group for the relevant posts/forums that are not showing up.

also, have you checked what the registered users can see other than yourself?

create a new account for you to test with. do not put that new user in anything but the registered user group.
also, see what users are in the newly registered user group.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

arclight

Re: Posts not publicly visible / bulk approve posts? (Updated 3.1-3.2- All posts need approval)

Post by arclight » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Ok, will do that, but first things to consider are:

1. Posts I approved manually, show up properly - publicly visible to all users incl anonymous/guest, which is what I want.

2. After running Stevemaury's MySQL query above in the thread to shortcut approval of the remaining
tens of thousands of posts that were suddenly placed in the moderation queue after updating to 3.2, all of the remaining pending posts were now no longer visible in the queue, and were now showing up properly when logged in as admin.

3. All of the posts that I approved manually, still show up properly, but the post approved via mysql query shortcut
In step 2 above, do not. They show up only for admin, regardless of forum or user access on the previous post. All of the original posts and forums all had the same access level, they were publicly visible to all.

again, the only difference between the two sets of posts are that I approved some manually, and the rest were affected by the MySQL query to try and bulk approve them.

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:32 pm
make sure the anonymous user is in the guest group and that nobody else is in the guest group.

also, check permissions for the registered user group for the relevant posts/forums that are not showing up.

also, have you checked what the registered users can see other than yourself?

create a new account for you to test with. do not put that new user in anything but the registered user group.
also, see what users are in the newly registered user group.

robert

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm

The fact that you can see them and others cannot implies a permissions issue. Have you checked your permissions (admin) versus a registered users permissions using the permission masks?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”