Unable to access ACP - HTTP Error 500

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Remnt

Unable to access ACP - HTTP Error 500

Post by Remnt »

So I haven't changed anything on the forum and i'm getting a HTP ERROR 500 whenever I try and access the ACP. I get this error log message:

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Twig\Error\LoaderError: Unable to find template "navbar_header.html" (looked into: /home/stevefor/animalcrossingportal.com/forums/adm/style) in "overall_header.html" at line 181. in /home/stevefor/animalcrossingportal.com/forums/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php:245
Stack trace:
#0 /home/stevefor/animalcrossingportal.com/forums/phpbb/template/twig/loader.php(135): Twig\Loader\FilesystemLoader->findTemplate('navbar_header.h...')
#1 /home/stevefor/animalcrossingportal.com/forums/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php(155): phpbb\template\twig\loader->findTemplate('navbar_header.h...')
#2 /home/stevefor/animalcrossingportal.com/forums/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(351): Twig\Loader\FilesystemLoader->getCacheKey('navbar_header.h...')
#3 /home/stevefor/animalcrossingportal.com/forums/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(445): Twig\Environment->getTemplateClass('navbar_header.h...')
#4 /home/stevefor/animalcrossingportal.com/forums/phpbb/template/twig/environment.php(277): T in /home/stevefor/animalcrossingportal.com/forums/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/FilesystemLoader.php on line 245
I've downloaded the latest phpbb package and looked for a navbar_header.html file and can't find it. I don't recall deleting or either coming across this file. I could log into the ACP a few hours ago
Last edited by Remnt on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
david63

Re: Unable to access ACP - HTP Error 500

Post by david63 »

Remnt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:17 am in "overall_header.html" at line 181
There is no line 181 in a standard install of phpBB

Please complete the Support Request Template
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Remnt

Re: Unable to access ACP - HTP Error 500

Post by Remnt »

Thanks for the reply, i've filled this out:

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.7
What is your board's URL? https://www.animalcrossingportal.com/forums/
Who do you host your board with? Krystal Hosting / CPanel
How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Fresh Install
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What extensions do you have installed? Ultimate Points
Planet Styles
What styles do you currently have installed? Can't remember, probably none
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? Ray
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I'm not entirely sure, it was all working fine and suddenly broken the next. The only last things I can recall is editing the overall_header.html file which seems to be unrelated to the error.

I can provide an error log file on request in the adm folder which is where the problem lies.
Please describe your problem. I can't log into my ACP, i get 'this page isn't work, HTTP ERROR 500"
Generated by SRT Generator
Last edited by Remnt on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remnt

Re: Unable to access ACP - HTTP Error 500

Post by Remnt »

This is fixed now! I've reverted back to a backup which is automatically made on my hosting side to friday and it seems to have fixed the issue. You can delete this thread if you wish!
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
Better replace the files with the ones from here, we do not know what files your host is using.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
david63

Post by david63 »

Remnt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:46 am This is fixed now! I've reverted back to a backup which is automatically made on my hosting side to friday and it seems to have fixed the issue. You can delete this thread if you wish!
You may not have fixed the problem.

Not being able to access the ACP when using a host's "one click" install is a common problem and you are better doing as janus suggests and replace the files with those downloaded from here. Also I would suggest that you turn auto update off in your Control Panel as this has also been known to create problems.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Remnt

Post by Remnt »

Thanks for the advice, do you mean auto update on my hosting side for new versions of phpbb or through ACP?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Remnt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:52 pm Thanks for the advice, do you mean auto update on my hosting side for new versions of phpbb or through ACP?
Autoupdate on hosting site should be turned off.
And using autoupdate through the ACP is not recommended and should only be used if you have file modifications which you can't manually reintroduce when updating.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
janus_zonstraal

Remnt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:52 pm Thanks for the advice, do you mean auto update on my hosting side for new versions of phpbb or through ACP?
Just replace the files with the ones from here,
Remnt

Post by Remnt »

Will do all of that. Where can I disable auto update in the ACP? I can't find it.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Remnt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:17 pm Will do all of that. Where can I disable auto update in the ACP? I can't find it.
When there is a new version, you'll get the option to autoupdate in the ACP. Just don't use it.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

it is not something you can do via the admin panel. it just gives you the option to do it manually. as said, just don't do it.

always use the proper update method found here: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
janus_zonstraal

Will do all of that. Where can I disable auto update
Disable it on the place where you install phpbb, in de panel from your host.
Remnt

Post by Remnt »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:36 pm
Will do all of that. Where can I disable auto update
Disable it on the place where you install phpbb, in de panel from your host.
I've spoken with my hoster & they've confirmed it was installed manually with the latest phpbb files at the time. The current version still matches the current phpbb release & the files were used from the official phpBB site. So i'm good to go there. As it's installed manually, it won't auto update on the hosting side/cpanel. I've double checked this and it's not installed through the hoster using 'applications', it was manually installed through the file manager. I don't have any reason to doubt my hoster on this, they've been exceptional with technical support even when it's regarding software which isn't from their own services.
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:25 pm it is not something you can do via the admin panel. it just gives you the option to do it manually. as said, just don't do it.

always use the proper update method found here: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ating-32x/
Thanks i'll bookmark this!

I'll make sure to follow the official guidelines when updating in the future. Thanks everyone for the quick support & help!

PS: For anyone looking to solve a similar problem to this. It turned out to be a problem with one of the theme files, I believe i edited a file by accident, turned out to be 'overall_header.html' in the adm folder. Restoring this to the original file allowed me access to the ACP but didn't have the correct styles. (the error will most likely be different for everyone though, check your error log files in your file manager)

Reinstalling a back up with the correct theme file fixed this. If you don't have a backup, the advice above will most likely resolve the issue (you would probably lose any changes to files you've made, but it's better than a broken ACP, I recommend backups often).
david63

Post by david63 »

Remnt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 pm I've spoken with my hoster & they've confirmed it was installed manually with the latest phpbb files at the time
That does not seem to be what was posted earlier
Remnt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:19 am How did you install your board? I used a tool provided by my host
Anything provided by the host is NOT using the files from here. They can say, and it is probably true, that their version is using the latest phpBB release but if you installed it in any way via your control panel thaen it is not the official phpBB version.
Remnt wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:01 pm it was manually installed through the file manager.
You cannot install phpBB via file manager - you have to use an ftp client to upload the files.
David

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”