[ABD] [DEV] Post Love

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Rainermex

Re: Possible fix to the X problem

Post by Rainermex »

jefmcg wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:16 pm Yesterday I updated to the latest version of this extension, and it stopped working! I got the "X" instead of the hearts. I tried to roll it back and it broke my whole forum because the database had changed. Luckily I had a backup of the DB from just before the I upgraded, so I was able to get everything back the way it had been in a few minutes.

So then, the fix to the X problem. NOTE: I HAVEN"T TESTED THIS. You'll have to delete the data - all your previous histories of likes. If you don't want to do that, then you either need to have a backup of your DB from when it was last working or reverse engineer the DB changes. So this fix is really for those who have never had it working.

Steps
  1. Backup your database
  2. Disable the extension
  3. Delete the extension data
  4. Download the version of the extension that I downloaded in August. https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 If you open this on your phone, you will need to go to the bottom of the page and click "Desktop version"
  5. Replace the version in your ext folder with this version
  6. Enable it
  7. Come back here to say it works, or to tell everyone that it's still broken and that I am an idiot.
Hi,

I just installed the Post Love extension and got the X.

OK, I back up my database and then I make the steps as listed.

Could it be that I need to restore the database or for what do I need to make a backup ?

Thank You Rainer
Rainermex

Post by Rainermex »

Rainermex wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:58 pm
jefmcg wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:16 pm Yesterday I updated to the latest version of this extension, and it stopped working! I got the "X" instead of the hearts. I tried to roll it back and it broke my whole forum because the database had changed. Luckily I had a backup of the DB from just before the I upgraded, so I was able to get everything back the way it had been in a few minutes.

So then, the fix to the X problem. NOTE: I HAVEN"T TESTED THIS. You'll have to delete the data - all your previous histories of likes. If you don't want to do that, then you either need to have a backup of your DB from when it was last working or reverse engineer the DB changes. So this fix is really for those who have never had it working.

Steps
  1. Backup your database
  2. Disable the extension
  4. Download the version of the extension that I downloaded in August. https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 If you open this on your phone, you will need to go to the bottom of the page and click "Desktop version"
  6. Enable it
  7. Come back here to say it works, or to tell everyone that it's still broken and that I am an idiot.
Hi,

Could it be that I need to restore the database or for what do I need to make a backup ?

Thank You Rainer
HI,

Problem solved. It is working now.

How do I change the read heart for any other image ?

Thank You Rainer
janus_zonstraal

Re: [DEV] Post Love

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Search for the image in the extension files and place your image there with the same name and dimensions.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Rainermex

Post by Rainermex »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:20 pm Search for the image in the extension files and place your image there with the same name and dimensions.
Hi,

Thank You. I thought one might use a different name. I searched and searched trying to find where he specifies the image to use.

regards Rainer
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Did you look in the image folder of the extension?
https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... ter/images
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Rainermex

Post by Rainermex »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm Did you look in the image folder of the extension?
https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... ter/images
Hi,

Yes I found the red heart but is there no way to specify somewhere if to use the red heart or any other image ?

Will just get another image and exchange the red heart with it.

regards Rainer
vtmp

Post by vtmp »

Are there any permissions associated with this extension? It appears not, but hoping to confirm.

I have one user that is reporting they are unable to view and use this extension, while other users in the same group are able to. This user has cleared their cache, deleted cookies, logged in/out, etc. When opening the forum in an incognito window, they are able to see the "Most Liked Posts" section, but it disappears (along with the likes functionality) once they log in.

Any other suggestions?
GoBieN

Post by GoBieN »

Yes there are permissions (user or group).
mkschn

Post by mkschn »

Rainermex wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:19 pm
Rainermex wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Steps
  1. Backup your database
  2. Disable the extension
  6. Enable it
Hi,

Thank You Rainer
HI,

Problem solved. It is working now.

How do I change the read heart for any other image ?

Thank You Rainer
Tried these steps, didn't work out.
How did you solve it?
Ksuha wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:14 pm News: I'm on the forum have 2 profile admin and user. Now, I can see the cross only when stay in the admin profile. In user profile is heart and there is a chance to click. The notification to whom it clicked. Stay it? At least someone can press...
btw: Having the same issue like Ksuha here. As an admin I just see that "x", as a normal user everything works fine.

Thanks
Mike
Datsun

Post by Datsun »

Hi, Love this extension and have been using it on my board for a while.
Just wondering if it's possible to make it compatible with Advanced Point System? viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2500296

So users receive points when one of their posts are liked.
mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy »

If you're interested, Satanasov, I can even create the PR for APS integration.
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
Datsun

Post by Datsun »

mrgoldy wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:51 am If you're interested, Satanasov, I can even create the PR for APS integration.
Do it :D
Scones

Post by Scones »

I seem to have the same problem as other mentioned on here.

I have an established forum which until recently was on phpbb3.1.9, and had an old version of postlove installed.
I have updated to phpbb 3.2.8, disabled and then deleted the old postlove, and finallly followed the instructions on

https://github.com/satanasov/postlove

to install the latest version. However, all I get appearing on the posts is a little 'X' which I cannot click on. I can't see any errors showing anywhere, it just doesn't work. Any ideas how I can start debugging this?

I've also tried disabling, deleting data, and then enabling to see if that helped.
jefmcg

Post by jefmcg »

I've got a long post above explaining my fix, which is basically installing an earlier version of the - https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 - which works fine.

Just delete your data, remove the current version and replace it with the old one.
Scones

Post by Scones »

jefmcg wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 pm I've got a long post above explaining my fix, which is basically installing an earlier version of the - https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 - which works fine.

Just delete your data, remove the current version and replace it with the old one.
Thanks for this, worked a treat apart from I can't see why's liked the post. What do I need to do to fix this bit?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”