pages wont load after deleting ext data

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
millipede

pages wont load after deleting ext data

Post by millipede » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.7
What is your board's URL? https://byfellowship.com/forums/index.php
Who do you host your board with? mdd hosting
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0-B1
What extensions do you have installed? mchat
advertisement management
imgur
lightbox
phpbb media embed plugin
simple mentions
What styles do you currently have installed? No answer given
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? hit the "delete data" button for an unused extension
Please describe your problem. Was going to update some extensions and saw one I was not using. The extension was "was this topic useful?" and I hit the "delete data" button and confirmed to delete said data. Now none of my pages will load, even tried in another browser. Can't see anything.
A while back I had a minor database error that I sought help with here but it resolved itself and I was advised that I didn't need to take any action. I have no idea if such things are related.

I just went in and deleted the folder for that extension to see if that was causing the problem and pages still wont load.
What did I break?
Generated by SRT Generator

I have a few other extensions installed but since I can't load any pages I didn't have that list in front of me.
my level of experience is that even after years of running the forum, I don't actually "know" any of the coding type stuff but can follow directions easily.

lopoto

Re: pages wont load after deleting ext data

Post by lopoto » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:30 pm

clean cache . ?

millipede

Post by millipede » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:05 pm

lopoto wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:30 pm
clean cache . ?
can't clear the cache for the board itself without being in the ACP... but as far as my computer goes, tried this from several browsers and on another computer all together(cleared the cache there) and still no luck so far.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:20 pm

millipede wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:05 pm
can't clear the cache for the board itself without being in the ACP...
Yes you can, use FTP, and empty /cache, leaving index.htm and .htaccess
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

millipede

Post by millipede » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:29 pm

warmweer wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:20 pm
millipede wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:05 pm
can't clear the cache for the board itself without being in the ACP...
Yes you can, use FTP, and empty /cache, leaving index.htm and .htaccess
ok... tried that but so far, still can't load any pages.

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:59 pm

Your site is sending a http error 500. As you can see in the search result I linked, it is a quite common error wich doesn't tell anything without having a look in the servers error log file. So, Just look there to find the real error.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

millipede

Post by millipede » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:19 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:59 pm
Your site is sending a http error 500. As you can see in the search result I linked, it is a quite common error wich doesn't tell anything without having a look in the servers error log file. So, Just look there to find the real error.
I found an error log in the forums' root directory... this is what it said...
[22-Aug-2019 02:07:33 UTC] PHP Catchable fatal error: Argument 4 passed to s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\MediaEmbed\Parser::filterTag() must be of the type array, none given in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/MediaEmbed/Parser.php on line 28
Last edited by millipede on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

millipede

Post by millipede » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:04 pm

any thoughts on this error??? It looks like it references to the Media Embed extension(says plugin there) which is odd to me since that's not an extension I was messing with at the time. I simply deleted the data of an extension that was disabled, don't think I ever used it.

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Only a error from 22 Augustus?
Than that error is solved ;)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

millipede

Post by millipede » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:14 pm

hmm... didn't pay attention to that date...
I found that in the error log file in the root directory of the forum. Are there any other error log files??? because, I still can't get ANY pages to load for me with the forum...
On firefox, I don't see an error but as someone else said, I get a 500 error if I use another browser. So where do I find what's going on??? :/

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Sometimes you can see errors in cPanel, if you have that?
Or ask your host for the error logs
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

millipede

Post by millipede » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:46 pm

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:22 pm
Sometimes you can see errors in cPanel, if you have that?
Or ask your host for the error logs
guess I have to contact my host... :( cPanel does have an error log but it's empty... hmmm...

millipede

Post by millipede » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:59 pm

contacted my host... they gave me a link to a topic in their knowledgebase... all it said was to add the following line to htaccess in the folder that was having issues... so I opened htaccess in the forums folder and edited it, adding...

Code: Select all

php_value display_errors on
I got the following...
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Media site 'blab' does not exist' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/MediaEmbed/Configurator/Collections/SiteDefinitionCollection.php:21 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(7373): s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\MediaEmbed\Configurator\Collections\SiteDefinitionCollection->getNotExistException('blab') #1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/MediaEmbed/Configurator.php(53): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Collections\NormalizedCollection->get('blab') #2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/ext/phpbb/mediaembed/event/main_listener.php(90): s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\MediaEmbed\Configurator->add('blab') #3 [internal function]: phpbb\mediaembed\event\main_listener->configure_media_embed(Object(phpbb\event\data), 'core.text_forma...', Object(phpbb\event\dispatcher)) #4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventD in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/MediaEmbed/Configurator/Collections/SiteDefinitionCollection.php on line 21
Odd... that's similar to the error from August... is it just reading the log file from then? Or is this a current issue? If it is current in any way, I'm still confused because I didn't touch that extension. I'm still quite lost as to what to do here.

millipede

Post by millipede » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:01 pm

while I'm waiting, and since this error seems to involve the media embed extension... I went and posted a support topic for that extension with the error code produced so maybe someone can tell me what to do with it. If I get help there, I'll update here. Thanks.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:46 pm

millipede wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:01 pm
while I'm waiting, and since this error seems to involve the media embed extension... I went and posted a support topic for that extension with the error code produced so maybe someone can tell me what to do with it. If I get help there, I'll update here. Thanks.
If you're referring to the old s9 media extension - that's outdated and should be removed completely.
If it's the new media extension (not s9), perhaps you have an older version which gave some errors as of 3.2.6 (IIRC).

To remove the old s9 it has to be reinstalled, enabled, disabled, delete data and then remove the files.
As to the new one, just putting the latest version in place should do the trick (clear cache of course).
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”