[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by Naguissa »

lizzus wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:39 pm
Naguissa wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:21 pm

2) Copy following folder:
ext\gfksx\ThanksForPosts\styles\prosilver
to
ext\gfksx\ThanksForPosts\styles\BBOOTS
(use BBOOTS in caps)
DONE, Now i see "button" but without image

Thats's a theme issue, as https://www.homekititalia.group/forum/toplist

I cannot provide support for 3rd party themes that doesn't follow phpBB guidelines.

To fix it you should edit copied folder and adapt the templates to BBOOTS styles.
lizzus

Post by lizzus »

this is hard?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

lizzus wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:53 pm this is hard?
Not hard, but time consuming.

You need to understand how BBOOTS is coded an then change the files in the copied folder to fit how BBOOTS does it.

Edit: I'm referring to html and css, you don't need to learn php.
lizzus

Post by lizzus »

I tryed to send you a PM, but i cant. Where can i contact you?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

lizzus wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:21 pm I tryed to send you a PM, but i cant. Where can i contact you?
Strange, maybe any phpbb forum policy.

Anyone can contact me on my public email, [email protected]
xmrdo

Post by xmrdo »

Hi,

I tried to install this extension , but in vain as I am getting error 500 on the acp (customize) when I click on the "manage extensions"
If I delete it (via ftp) everything is fine...

ok, that issue is fixed, but the extension is looking for a "bb_thanks" table and cant run
so I assume its broken, or I got wrong binary from this thread.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

xmrdo wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:27 am Hi,

I tried to install this extension , but in vain as I am getting error 500 on the acp (customize) when I click on the "manage extensions"
If I delete it (via ftp) everything is fine...

ok, that issue is fixed, but the extension is looking for a "bb_thanks" table and cant run
so I assume its broken, or I got wrong binary from this thread.
It shouldn't happen.

Problem now is that you seems to have somewhat half-installed extension.

Maybe there're some leftovers on bb_config table; you could delete these keys before trying reinstalling it:
thanks_counters_view, thanks_for_posts_version, thanks_forum_reput_view, thanks_forum_reput_view_column, thanks_global_post, thanks_info_page, thanks_notice_on, thanks_number, thanks_number_digits, thanks_number_post, thanks_number_row_reput, thanks_only_first_post, thanks_post_reput_view, thanks_post_view_guests, thanks_post_view_robots, thanks_postlist_view, thanks_profilelist_view, thanks_reput_graphic, thanks_time_view, thanks_top_number, thanks_topic_reput_view, thanks_topic_reput_view_column

You can download latest version from the GitHub repository: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_ ... ses/latest
xmrdo

Post by xmrdo »

lovely! version from github worked! thx!!
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

xmrdo wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:30 am lovely! version from github worked! thx!!
Well, that's the official one and it's on the 1st post of this thread.....
<<=Aquiles=>>

Post by <<=Aquiles=>> »

Hi, first of all I thank you for the enormous effort and dedication to this project.

I would like to ask for your help: it turns out that I occupy this extension however when someone thanks (I allowed myself to translate to likes) in a first message, the thank you does not go to the bottom of the message but is above another extension (share on).

Is there a way that the thanks go to the bottom without exception (obvious, above the signatures) so that it is not above the other extension?

Thanks in advance.

pd: our forum is https://www.chwlite.cl/foro/
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

<<=Aquiles=>> wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:03 pm Hi, first of all I thank you for the enormous effort and dedication to this project.

I would like to ask for your help: it turns out that I occupy this extension however when someone thanks (I allowed myself to translate to likes) in a first message, the thank you does not go to the bottom of the message but is above another extension (share on).

Is there a way that the thanks go to the bottom without exception (obvious, above the signatures) so that it is not above the other extension?

Thanks in advance.

pd: our forum is https://www.chwlite.cl/foro/
Hello,

I have to check the extension display order but meanwhile you can try disabling and re-enabling both extensions in different order to check if that makes any change.

P.S. (spanish):

Saludos! A ver si activando/desactivando cambia su órden, hasta que no lo revise no tengo ni idea....
<<=Aquiles=>>

Post by <<=Aquiles=>> »

Thanks for the advice.
I disabled/enabled the extensions in different order but they still look the same as in the captures :(

Please let me know if you need a test account.

(Avisame por favor si llegases a necesitar una cuenta de prueba. Te la paso por mp).
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

<<=Aquiles=>> wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:52 pm Thanks for the advice.
I disabled/enabled the extensions in different order but they still look the same as in the captures :(

Please let me know if you need a test account.

(Avisame por favor si llegases a necesitar una cuenta de prueba. Te la paso por mp).
Ok, I'll check... could you pass me the extension name of the other one you want to go upside this one?

I don't need any account, I need my test environment... but:

- My child took over my fully functional laptop.
- My tower PC (Linux+php7 fpm, fully packed developement computer with proven/fully functional php) and my windows 10 cheap chinese tablet (php5.6 fpm) are complaining about missing mysql/mysqli extensions, but they are installed... I need to sort that crap out..
- My wife took over my alternative laptop (and my mechanical keyboard, my laser mouse... well, you know....)

And I have 3 consecutive birthdays... I want 100h days!
<<=Aquiles=>>

Post by <<=Aquiles=>> »

Naguissa wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:11 pm Ok, I'll check... could you pass me the extension name of the other one you want to go upside this one?
Of course, the extension is "Share On 2.0.1".
Just in case, the icon on the right with the thumb above is "Post love 1.2.0".

Naguissa wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:11 pm I don't need any account, I need my test environment... but:

- My child took over my fully functional laptop.
- My tower PC (Linux+php7 fpm, fully packed developement computer with proven/fully functional php) and my windows 10 cheap chinese tablet (php5.6 fpm) are complaining about missing mysql/mysqli extensions, but they are installed... I need to sort that crap out..
- My wife took over my alternative laptop (and my mechanical keyboard, my laser mouse... well, you know....)
I'm sorry to read that.
They say that sometimes life is unfair... and how much reason!!!
Naguissa wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:11 pm And I have 3 consecutive birthdays... I want 100h days!
3?????

Dude, you need to escape away... to an island paradise maybe.

Edit: By the way, I just dropped that extension for a much better one so the issue was resolved.
Thanks again!
Last edited by <<=Aquiles=>> on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
dallas6672

Post by dallas6672 »

Naguissa wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:25 pm
vicarpi wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:06 pm
I have a question, since I have been looking inside the files (the language ones and all the others and I have not found it).

I have modified "Thanks" for "Me gusta" ("Like" in spanish) and in the Forum it appears perfect.

But in Tapatalk it appears "DAR LAS GRACIAS" ("GIVE THANKS" in english).

Could the word "GRACIAS" from Tapatalk be changed in any way?
Thanks!

Probably not, I'll check later. I think it's hardcoden on Tapatalk, so no option to change it from the extension.

Screenshot is from old version on an Android 4.0 or 4.2 compatible phone (Jolla Sailfish, still my only phone). It's a 4 inches display, so may be changes from old tapatalk version, old Android support or any responsive design.
Also wondering if the "THANKS" text in Tapatalk can be changed to "LIKE". Is this something we can change in the "mobiquo" folder?

Thanks

Return to “Extensions in Development”