[ABD] [DEV] Post Love

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
jefmcg

Re: [DEV] Post Love

Post by jefmcg »

Scones wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:15 pm
jefmcg wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 pm I've got a long post above explaining my fix, which is basically installing an earlier version of the - https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 - which works fine.

Just delete your data, remove the current version and replace it with the old one.
Thanks for this, worked a treat apart from I can't see why's liked the post. What do I need to do to fix this bit?
Hover mouse over the heart or the number - I'm on my phone so I can't check which it is.
Scones

Post by Scones »

jefmcg wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 pm
Scones wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:15 pm
jefmcg wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:47 pm I've got a long post above explaining my fix, which is basically installing an earlier version of the - https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 - which works fine.

Just delete your data, remove the current version and replace it with the old one.
Thanks for this, worked a treat apart from I can't see why's liked the post. What do I need to do to fix this bit?
Hover mouse over the heart or the number - I'm on my phone so I can't check which it is.
Thanks for the quick response. That's what I expected, but when I do this I don't see anything appear
Scones

Post by Scones »

Scones wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 pm
jefmcg wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 pm Hover mouse over the heart or the number - I'm on my phone so I can't check which it is.
Thanks for the quick response. That's what I expected, but when I do this I don't see anything appear
I have just tried again, and nothing happens when I hover over the heart, but if I hover over the number it works, although I have to be accurate with the mouse for it to happen. I now have a working like facility. Thanks everyone
jefmcg

Post by jefmcg »

Scones wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:42 pmI now have a working like facility.
THe only thing wrong with mine is notifications. Very occasionally you will get a notification that someone has liked your post, but most likely the only way to notice is to check your postlove page.
tbehrens

Post by tbehrens »

Mystery solved: Upgrade to 2.0.0a2 sets the "Hide Like icons and summaries" option on every profile of every existing user. Newly created users don't have the issue.

For affected boards, your users can uncheck that manually. Maybe someone wants to dig into the DB and present a script on doing a one-pass instead. And of course, 2.0.0a3 might just refrain from setting this for existing users by defaults, instead opting to leave the option to "false".
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

tbehrens wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 am Mystery solved: Upgrade to 2.0.0a2 sets the "Hide Like icons and summaries" option on every profile of every existing user. Newly created users don't have the issue.

For affected boards, your users can uncheck that manually. Maybe someone wants to dig into the DB and present a script on doing a one-pass instead. And of course, 2.0.0a3 might just refrain from setting this for existing users by defaults, instead opting to leave the option to "false".
I was responsible for that part of the code (a couple of years ago), and I don't understand how you are having the issue that you describe. The default for that field is set to 0 in migrations/release_1_2_0_create_cpf.php (and always has been I think).

The profile field is not even populated for each user by default, it is only only populated after it has been manually set. I think that something strange has happened to your database.
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

For those who are interested (particularly those who are using the later unreleased versions with the summary tables), there is now in the master branch of the github repository a version 2.0.0-b2 which is compatible with phpBB 3.2.x and phpBB 3.3.0-rc1.
The main improvement (over v2.0.0-a1) is that the server loading is significantly reduced. This became apparent on a forum with more than 10,000 likes in the database.
It also has a few minor tweaks and fixes.
Any feedback is appreciated.
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

v12mike wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:23 pm
tbehrens wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:37 am Mystery solved: Upgrade to 2.0.0a2 sets the "Hide Like icons and summaries" option on every profile of every existing user. Newly created users don't have the issue.

I was responsible for that part of the code (a couple of years ago), and I don't understand how you are having the issue that you describe. The default for that field is set to 0 in migrations/release_1_2_0_create_cpf.php (and always has been I think).

The profile field is not even populated for each user by default, it is only only populated after it has been manually set. I think that something strange has happened to your database.
I have to hold my hand up and say that I was wrong :oops:
The extension was being hidden by default due to an error in a migration file that crept in a long time ago, and somehow got missed.
The fix has now been merged into the master branch, but I have not added code to patch the database where the defaults have already been set wrongly.
abravorus

Post by abravorus »

Looks like Post Love extension is not compatible with latest phpBB 3.3.0. At least I had to disable it after upgrade from 3.2.6 to let the forum work.
Sorry, I didn't keep the error message, it was shown on administration page.

I have the following version installed:
phpBB 3.2 Post Love
anavaro/postlove
2016-12-24
phpBB >=3.2.*@dev

Are there any plans to upgrade Post Love to 3.3.0 branch?
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Did you try the latest version already?
abravorus

Post by abravorus »

Paul wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:21 pm Did you try the latest version already?
What is the latest one, from here - https://github.com/satanasov/postlove/t ... 426b9c0435 ?
If yes, didn't try yet.
Paul
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

https://github.com/satanasov/postlove from there. That shows sometrhing changed 9 days ago, which is more recent as the version you were using :)
abravorus

Post by abravorus »

Paul wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:55 pm https://github.com/satanasov/postlove from there. That shows sometrhing changed 9 days ago, which is more recent as the version you were using :)
That's true :) It even mentions "phpbb v3.3".
Thanks a lot, will try tomorrow.
v12mike

Post by v12mike »

I just checked with a clean installation of phpBB 3.3.0 and the extension (latest version of master branch from GitHub) seems to be working ok.

But... If you are not seeing the extension on the forum, look at the bottom right hand corner of each post, and if there is a solitary 'x', then the problem is that your database contains a profile field value for each user that hides the extension.

In the table profile_fields_data the field pf_postlove_hide should allow nulls and have a default value of NULL. For each user, that field should have a value of NULL or 0, except for users who have manually disabled the extension.
abravorus

Post by abravorus »

Latest version of master branch of Post Love from GitHub works for me too.

The update from previous version 1.2.0 was not smooth (may be because it was done on existing installation of phpBB 3.3.0).
First attempt to switch the extension on led to infinitive "wait till the extension will be initialized" on the extension's administration page (and forum didn't work during this process).
After 10 minutes I decided to reload that page and repeat "switch on" of the extension and this was successful, it works now. Even all data were preserved.

Thanks for support.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”