[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by Naguissa »

Phantom23 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:09 pm
No, but I found the bug/trick: In order to see the Thanks button, users need to be able to REPORT te post. After giving this permission, this problem is fixed.
Oh, yes, I remember that: If any of standard buttons are not shown phpBB doesn't call that partial and then button is not rendered.

I cannot do anything about that....
Phantom23

Post by Phantom23 »

Naguissa wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:29 pm
Phantom23 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:09 pm
No, but I found the bug/trick: In order to see the Thanks button, users need to be able to REPORT te post. After giving this permission, this problem is fixed.
Oh, yes, I remember that: If any of standard buttons are not shown phpBB doesn't call that partial and then button is not rendered.

I cannot do anything about that....
It is fine, I am just happy that I found the issue that quick. I am totally fine with it being this way. Report function was not turned off on purpose also, so yeah. Have a nice evening!
obfuscated

Post by obfuscated »

I added my own image for the slider which displays correctly for the topic but the individual post slider is still using the default gold star image.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

obfuscated wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:07 pm
I added my own image for the slider which displays correctly for the topic but the individual post slider is still using the default gold star image.
I'm unable to replicate it. Coud yo...

1) Check you are using this extension (there's other one from where I forked this one long time ago).

2) Check if you are using the latest release (see 1st post in this thread, there're the links).

3) Post a link and/or a screenshot to understand where's the problem.

Thanks.
obfuscated

Post by obfuscated »

Naguissa wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:40 pm
obfuscated wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:07 pm
I'm unable to replicate it. Coud yo...

1) Check you are using this extension (there's other one from where I forked this one long time ago).

2) Check if you are using the latest release (see 1st post in this thread, there're the links).

3) Post a link and/or a screenshot to understand where's the problem.

Thanks.

Okay I had 2.0.6 installed .. I completely uninstalled it and removed data to install 3.2.14 but noticed that there doesn't seem to be an option to pick how the rating is graphically displayed? There's no longer a gfksx\thanksforposts\images\rating folder? I really liked being able to add my own png for rating.

Also I have another forum with alot of ratings.. to preserve that do I just remove the old ext/gfksx folder and upload the new version or do I disable it but leave the data and then remove ext/gfksx and upload the new version and enable it?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

obfuscated wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:26 pm
Okay I had 2.0.6 installed .. I completely uninstalled it and removed data to install 3.2.14 but noticed that there doesn't seem to be an option to pick how the rating is graphically displayed? There's no longer a gfksx\thanksforposts\images\rating folder? I really liked being able to add my own png for rating.
No, it was removed long time ago. It uses now a FontAwesome glyph, this way it's scalable and, as the font is a forum standard, it doesn't need to lad any data.

Also, you can customize it with CSS....
obfuscated wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:26 pm
Also I have another forum with alot of ratings.. to preserve that do I just remove the old ext/gfksx folder and upload the new version or do I disable it but leave the data and then remove ext/gfksx and upload the new version and enable it?

The correct way, as phpbb manual, is:

1) Disable old one; don't delete its data

2) Delete extension folder

3) Upload new version

4) Enable it. This will apply any database change needed.

Cheers!
obfuscated

Post by obfuscated »

Naguissa wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:40 pm
Also, you can customize it with CSS....
So does that make it possible to use a small png for the star? Can you point me to and example? I'll see if I can find the docs for it.
obfuscated

Post by obfuscated »

Btw 2.0.6 is the version made available for download from here.. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... r_posts_2/
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

obfuscated wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:13 pm
Btw 2.0.6 is the version made available for download from here.. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... r_posts_2/
That's the extension this one was derived from few years ago.

I cannot asure you all data is compatible after all this time; basically it should be, but I've not tested it.

If you want to do the test I suggest you to do a backup.
obfuscated

Post by obfuscated »

Naguissa wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 am
obfuscated wrote:

I cannot asure you all data is compatible after all this time; basically it should be, but I've not tested it.

Can you give me a hand on how to use css to use my own images for the stars? Is there an example I could look at? Thanks
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

obfuscated wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:53 pm
Naguissa wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 am
obfuscated wrote:

Can you give me a hand on how to use css to use my own images for the stars? Is there an example I could look at? Thanks
You can modify the star in CSS if you want (it's text, so any text rule applies):

Code: Select all

.icon.icon-tiny.fa-fw.fa-star:before {
    color:red;
}

Or you can change it and place an image in its place:

Code: Select all

.icon.icon-tiny.fa-fw.fa-star:before {
    display: inline-block;
    background: url(https://www.foroelectro.net/download/file.php?avatar=2_1467728137.jpg);
    width: 12px;
    height: 12px;
    content: "";
}
Ticinoforum

Post by Ticinoforum »

Hi!

I am using last version that is 3.2.14 but after upgrade from PHPBB 3.2.8 up to 3.3.0 bard stuck and had to restore from backup to get back online.
I do not have capacity to fix it so, this post, has two purpose:

1) Warning anyone is using this nice extension that must be disable it BEFORE upgrade to last board v3.3.0
2) If author or anybody can fix it, is very welcomed!

Thanks to everybody!
Ticino Forum 4.0
ADMINISTRATOR
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Ticinoforum wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:02 pm
Hi!

I am using last version that is 3.2.14 but after upgrade from PHPBB 3.2.8 up to 3.3.0 bard stuck and had to restore from backup to get back online.

1) Warning anyone is using this nice extension that must be disable it BEFORE upgrade to last board v3.3.0

Thanks to everybody!
Hello,

I was not aware about phpBB 3.3, but checking new features I see a notifications refactoring. I'll check it ASAP...
KYPREO

Post by KYPREO »

Naguissa wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:35 pm

Hello,

I was not aware about phpBB 3.3, but checking new features I see a notifications refactoring. I'll check it ASAP...
there are a few other differences too - see here for example: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2528456
Ticinoforum wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:02 pm
Hi!

I don't mean this to be insensitive as no doubt this has caused you some agony and wasted time - I've been there myself. However, the upgrade documentation clearly states that you need to disable all extension before upgrading between major versions. Also, this is why everyone should test upgrades on a local host test environment before trying it on a live board.
phpBB user since 2002
www.AusRotary.com
Ticinoforum

Post by Ticinoforum »

Naguissa wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:35 pm
Thanks!
Right now, it cannot be used and must not only be disabled but must also "clear data" before make upgrade or board stuck with a failure.
I think something changed in core of PHPBB and this EXT is not anymore compatible.
In this moment I switch back on PHPBB 3.2.8 (from backup) and still using the EXT and data.
I hope you will have time to check and fix it because I would like not to lose all the "thanks" already made by users.

Again, thanks for the attention.
Ticino Forum 4.0
ADMINISTRATOR

Return to “Extensions in Development”