OAuth vs Db Authentication

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
orynider
Name: Florin Bodin

OAuth vs Db Authentication

Post by orynider »

Outh provides the authentication with a username/password (Db Authentication) as well as the login with a social network account. The social network authentication can be setup in EXTENSIONS \ ONEALL SOCIAL LOGIN.

My question is whatever I can login to ACP with DB PASSWORD if I fill the fields to login via Outh or there is a way to revert to DB in case the keys or CURL does not work ?

Regarding the extension at witch the information provided in the language file refers there is only for 3.1.x since probably their developer is on PHP 5.3.3 :|

OneAll Social Login

Name:
oneall/sociallogin

Description:
Social Login for phpBB allows your users to login and register with 30+ Social Networks like for example Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+

Version:

Page:
https://docs.oneall.com/plugins/guide/s ... gin-phpbb/

License:
GPL-2.0

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/oa_social_login/
mrgoldy
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Name: Gijs

Re: OAuth vs Db Authentication

Post by mrgoldy »

I have a bit of a hard time understanding your question, especially because ( I think ) you type auth as Outh.

Anyways, the way OAuth works with phpBB, is that it lets you 'link' your Social Account to a phpBB account.
If you do not have a phpBB account yet on that forum, it will ask you to create one.
From then on, you can login with your Social account to the created phpBB account.

However, ACP re-authentication has nothing to do with OAuth entirely. As you will always have to use your (created) phpBB account's password.
You can not use OAuth for ACP, atleast as far as I am aware.

We have written quite a few OAuth extensions ourselves, and have them installed on our live boards.
But when I have to reauthenticate myself for the ACP, I always have to use my board account's password and do not have the option to use OAuth.
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
dio33

Post by dio33 »

Sorry to use your topic mrgoldy, but i'm using OneAll for a while now and it works nice, but it have a very low limit for users (2500/year).

As the forum I run is a non profit one, it's hard for us to pay more for the social login than the hosting it self... :roll:

Does anyone know any other extension that does not have that kind of limit?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You may get more response by making an extension request with your parameters. ;)
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©

Return to “phpBB Discussion”