hello and having trouble changing my logo

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
P_I

Re: hello and having trouble changing my logo

Post by P_I »

Welcome to the phpBB community. There is a knowledge base article that might be helpful to you, read through Knowledge Base - How to change your board logo
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

doggytread wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:11 pm
I still get the default logo in Chrome (I haven't cleared the cache), while in Firefox there is simply no logo displayed. Any other suggestions?
Nothing to go by at this time but you should certainly clear browser cache first before assuming something's wrong. (I take it you have replaced the original site_logo.gif with your image (named site_logo.gif).
We should embrace problems, without which there wouldn't be any solutions.

P_I

Post by P_I »

doggytread wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:11 pm
Here is a snippet from line 155 of doggytread.com/forums.doggytread.com/phpBB3/styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css

.site_logo {
display: inline-block;
width: 149px;
height: 141px;
}
Per the Knowledge Base article I linked above, that change belongs in styles/prosilver/theme/common.css.

In styles/prosilver/theme/colours.css at line 151 you need

Code: Select all

colours.css wrote:
.site_logo {
background-image: url("./images/site_logo.gif");
}
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”