[3.3][RC] Email Login

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Re: [3.2][RC] Email Login

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

stingray21

Post by stingray21 »

Bymemor

Post by Bymemor »

Why does this extension exactly require php 7.1?
I have max php 7 in my cpanel, son I can't use this plugin.
Please help me, I really need this plugin
martti

Re: [3.3][RC] Email Login

Post by martti »

Hi, version 0.3.0 of the Email Login extension is an update for phpBB 3.3.0

New requirements:
  • phpBB 3.3+
  • PHP 7.1+
Chris1278
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by Chris1278 »

Hi. I have to tell you that in the file /auth/email.php a } closing curly bracket is missing at the end.

The extension can be used without any problems, but problems could arise later.
martti

Post by martti »

Chris1278 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:34 pm Hi. I have to tell you that in the file /auth/email.php a } closing curly bracket is missing at the end.

The extension can be used without any problems, but problems could arise later.
I don't think so. The identation of the code might show messed up by some other tab with settings (like on Github: https://github.com/marttiphpbb/phpbb-ex ... /email.php). It would give a syntax error if there were not the same amount of closing brackets than opening ones.
Chris1278
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by Chris1278 »

So I have a forum with two others where we test our extensions. And one of them wrote a tool for checking extensions (checks, among other things, by codesnifer) and some errors were found.

I saved it to you and you can see for yourself what kind of errors it shows.

https://christian-esch.de/download/emaillogin.html

You can expand the individual categories checked and you will see it in detail.

To explain what is checked there:
phpBB Ext Check checks your phpBB extension with the following tools:
Extension Pre Validator - analysis tool for checking the specifications for extensions according to the phpBB standard.
PHP_CodeSniffer - Analysis tool for checking the PHP programming guidelines according to the phpBB standard. Also checks JS and CSS.
PHPCompatibility - A comprehensive set of rules for CodeSniffer to check the code compatibility of a specific PHP version.
phpBB33YAMLcheck - Analysis tool to check the YAML files for compatibility with phpBB 3.3.
No additional files or external resources are required to display the report page. This enables the page to be archived (saved) without any problems. The title of the report page is also generated so that a meaningful file name is specified when the page is saved.

Please note the following rules when uploading:
Only a ZIP archive is accepted.
Only one extension is permitted per ZIP.
The same folder structure {autor_name} / {ext_name} / should exist in the ZIP archive as in the ext / folder of phpBB. Example: lukewcs / whowashere /
Description of the procedure and handling of all uploaded files:
After uploading, the ZIP archive is unpacked and various requirements are checked. If the requirements are met, Ext Check begins with the execution of all tests.
During the execution, you can see in real time which test is currently being carried out and you can also display (fold down) the results of the respective test.
After executing Ext Check, the temporary folder including the uploaded ZIP archive and the extracted content will be completely deleted. No uploaded files remain on the server.
The successful execution of Ext Check is logged with the following content per line:
{date} {time} {author_name} _ {ext_name _} _ {ext_version} EPV = {r} CS = {r} C53 = {r} C54 = {r} C55 = {r} C56 = {r} C70 = { r} C71 = {r} C72 = {r} C73 = {r} C74 = {r} C53 - = {r} YMLC = {r} TIME = {runtime}
{r} is either -1 (no applicable files), 0 (no problems), 1 (info), 2 (warning), 3 (error) or 4 (exception). The personal log entry can be displayed after the tests have been carried out. The log is not publicly viewable.
The detailed results of the respective tests are not recorded.
martti

Post by martti »

So it's this:

Code: Select all

Warning: "GPL-2.0" is a deprecated SPDX license identifier, use "GPL-2.0-only" instead. in /marttiphpbb/emaillogin/composer.json
Ok, thianks
rsolanki7878

Post by rsolanki7878 »

First of all, i would like to Thanks the Author @martti

I have few questions regarding this extension

1. What happens if user forgot password and need to recover the password through email? Does it send Password Reset email on registered email?
2. can this be installed with any other style except Prosilver?
3. Is it possible for user to register using email only and username he/she setup in future Like Facebook does

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance
martti

Post by martti »

Hi,
rsolanki7878 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:34 am 1. What happens if user forgot password and need to recover the password through email? Does it send Password Reset email on registered email?
That's the basic functionality in phpBB core, not part of this extension.
rsolanki7878 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:34 am 2. can this be installed with any other style except Prosilver?
Most Prosilver-based styles will probably work, others won't. Most styles are Prosilver-based.
rsolanki7878 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:34 am 3. Is it possible for user to register using email only and username he/she setup in future Like Facebook does
That's not part of this extension. The only functionality this extension provides is that it makes it possible to use the email address instead of the username to login.
Last edited by martti on Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
thescott

Post by thescott »

It seems the email address is being treated in a case-sensitive way for this extension.

However, it seems like phpBB makes all emails lowercase by default.

When trying to login, some users are being told their email address is incorrect even though it is correct but just not lowercase.
martti

Post by martti »

thescott wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:43 pm It seems the email address is being treated in a case-sensitive way for this extension.

However, it seems like phpBB makes all emails lowercase by default.

When trying to login, some users are being told their email address is incorrect even though it is correct but just not lowercase.
Thanks for reporting. Indeed, it seems phpBB stores all email addresses lowercase. I assumed that the user_email column would store the address as-is, because strictly speaking [email protected] is not the same address as [email protected] and there is a small chance the email with other-cased characters will not be delivered. (See https://stackoverflow.com/questions/980 ... -sensitive)

I will update the extension soon.
martti

Post by martti »

martti wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:40 am I will update the extension soon.
Update version 0.4.0: makes the email login case-insensitive.
nudels64

Post by nudels64 »

Unfortunately the users with php 7 and phpbb 3.2 are now left out. Can you still adapt this? That would be great.
phpbb 3.2.9 # PHP-Version: 7.0 # Themes: Prosilver and Basic
martti

Post by martti »

nudels64 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:20 pm Unfortunately the users with php 7 and phpbb 3.2 are now left out. Can you still adapt this? That would be great.
In phpBB 3.2 the email login was already not case sensitive for this extension. I had to change the code because the user_email_hash column got removed from the users table in phpBB 3.3.

Use version 0.2.0 for phpBB 3.2.x: https://github.com/marttiphpbb/p ... n/releases

Return to “Extensions in Development”