[DISC] Improved pseudo sub-forums MOD 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
yoeddy

Post by yoeddy »

I get a white screen when I upload functions.php with the changes made.
niekas

Post by niekas »

yoeddy wrote: I get a white screen when I upload functions.php with the changes made.

Did you add check_unread() function before get_db_stat() function or after?
niekas

Post by niekas »

Scali wrote: Update files ?
changelog from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 48#1546148
Aldri

Post by Aldri »

very nice update thanks !!!!

i have an idea for the next one: change the link index > subforum to index > parent forum > subforum
(i'm talking about the link you can see on the top of each page)

:)
yoeddy

Post by yoeddy »

niekas wrote:
yoeddy wrote:I get a white screen when I upload functions.php with the changes made.

Did you add check_unread() function before get_db_stat() function or after?

Before
niekas

Post by niekas »

yoeddy wrote: Before

Did you copy the entire function code? Maybe you missed } at the end.

did you remove check_unread() function from index.php before uploading updated functions.php?
yoeddy

Post by yoeddy »

Niekas,

I have uploaded index.php, viewforum.php, and functions.php. Could you take a look at them and give me some direction. This is killing me.

Thanks!

http://www.hockeyfighters.com/phpfiles/files.zip
niekas

Post by niekas »

yoeddy wrote: Niekas,

I have uploaded index.php, viewforum.php, and functions.php. Could you take a look at them and give me some direction. This is killing me.

Thanks!

http://www.hockeyfighters.com/phpfiles/files.zip

You didn't remove check_unread() function from index.php

on top of your index.php

Code: Select all

function check_unread($forum_id) 
{ 
global $new_topic_data, $tracking_topics, $tracking_forums, $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS, $board_config; 
   $unread_topics=check_unread($forum_id); 

return $unread_topics; 

}
delete it
Cyberpunk

Post by Cyberpunk »

niekas wrote:
Cyberpunk wrote:it works fine for me...

It doesn't show topic titles. Did you customize it on purpose or this is how it installed?

I'm looking @ http://www.phoenixrpg.com/

actually, i don't know...I'm using this mod from the first version and then didn't do regular upgrades, just some parts i nedeed, so it can be that i missed the topics part...I'll check it later and tell you for sure...
yoeddy

Post by yoeddy »

Hey niekas that worked great!! One other question. I'm not sure I like the new layout of the content under LAST POST on index.php. It seems to be stretched out further than before...I'm assuming because of the post title? The info under LAST POST for the Subforum on viewforum.php appears to be fine...the tables are smaller like before...it's just on index.php that changed. How can I minimize this table size like before?

www.hockeyfighters.com/Forum/phpBB2/index.php

Thanks and great job!!! :D
niekas

Post by niekas »

yoeddy wrote: Hey niekas that worked great!! One other question. I'm not sure I like the new layout of the content under LAST POST on index.php. It seems to be stretched out further than before...I'm assuming because of the post title? The info under LAST POST for the Subforum on viewforum.php appears to be fine...the tables are smaller like before...it's just on index.php that changed. How can I minimize this table size like before?

You have somebody posting in caps. Adjust title length in index.php as you wish (currently it's 35 chars in length):
if (strlen($forum_data[$j]['topic_title'])>=35)
{
$forum_data[$j]['topic_title']=substr($forum_data[$j]['topic_title'],0,35). "...";
}
yoeddy

Post by yoeddy »

Knocking them down to 22 worked fine. Thanks niekas!
niekas wrote:
yoeddy wrote:Hey niekas that worked great!! One other question. I'm not sure I like the new layout of the content under LAST POST on index.php. It seems to be stretched out further than before...I'm assuming because of the post title? The info under LAST POST for the Subforum on viewforum.php appears to be fine...the tables are smaller like before...it's just on index.php that changed. How can I minimize this table size like before?

You have somebody posting in caps. Adjust title length in index.php as you wish (currently it's 35 chars in length):
if (strlen($forum_data[$j]['topic_title'])>=35)
{
$forum_data[$j]['topic_title']=substr($forum_data[$j]['topic_title'],0,35). "...";
}
chesster

Post by chesster »

Hi ....

In which capacity is this mod not a "real" sub-forum?

Can I make a sub-forum (by this mod) private? used by only a selected usergroup?

Thanks.
niekas

Post by niekas »

chesster wrote: Hi ....

In which capacity is this mod not a "real" sub-forum?

Can I make a sub-forum (by this mod) private? used by only a selected usergroup?

Thanks.

The reason harishankar named it "pseudo" is because you can't attach forum to another subforum and you can't attach categories to other categories. The forum parent-child tree is only one level deep.

Code: Select all

forum
 |___ subforum1 (first level child)
          |____subforum2 (second level child) -- not possible yet

All standard phpBB permissions apply to subforums. If it's private it will be hidden to unauthorized groups or users.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”