PHPBB marketing section or forum for owners?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
semtal

PHPBB marketing section or forum for owners?

Post by semtal »

I don't know if this is in the right place. If it isn't please feel free to move it.

I was curious if either PHPBB.com or another site offered a place for PHPBB forum owners to brainstorm, share ideas and help find ways to promote their sites.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: PHPBB marketing section or forum for owners?

Post by stevemaury »

This one.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

There are a couple of dedicated communities for that kind of thing, such as TheAdminZone and ForumPromotion.

Sadly the latter is very inactive these days, looks like TAZ is still fairly active though :)
🚀 Premium phpBB StylesPremium phpBB 3.3 StylesphpBB sidebar Extension
Previously known as Christian 2.0
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

And we won't be adding such section, as it will end up in just people spamming there forums, and thats not something we want :).
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
semtal

Post by semtal »

stevemaury wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:22 pm
This one.
Okay, thanks for letting me know.
PlanetStyles.net wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:24 pm
There are a couple of dedicated communities for that kind of thing, such as TheAdminZone and ForumPromotion.

Sadly the latter is very inactive these days, looks like TAZ is still fairly active though :)
Thanks for the site suggestions.
Paul wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:27 pm
And we won't be adding such section, as it will end up in just people spamming there forums, and thats not something we want :).
stevemaury said I should post here about this subject but you're saying otherwise. That's confusing. It's entirely possible to just set some rules to avoid people promoting their forums.

I'm curious what PHPBB has in the works (and already available) to combat the exodus fro bulletin boards to other social media such as Facebook groups
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

there is not much phpBB can do to stop people from moving to facebook etc.
however, I have seen some evidence of a trend to move back to bulletin boards for discussions.
many facebook users are apparently leaving facebood for many different reasons. one of which is
the fact that you can't really have a discussion using facebook the same way you can using a bulletin board script.

robert
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

semtal wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:38 am
stevemaury said I should post here about this subject but you're saying otherwise. That's confusing.
You asked
semtal wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:57 am
I was curious if either PHPBB.com or another site offered a place for PHPBB forum owners to brainstorm, share ideas and help find ways to promote their sites.
This is a site where you can brainstorm, share ideas and find ways to promote your site. That's different to out and out promoting your site.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

a place for PHPBB forum owners to brainstorm, share ideas and help find ways to promote their sites.
Depending on the exact topic, this forum and phpBB Discussion are proper for such topocs. Paul is saying that we do not want to DEDICATE a forum to this. And if posts here or in phpBB Discussion are spamming boards, they will be removed. Hope that clarifies it.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
erelash_mf
Name: ERA

Post by erelash_mf »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:13 pm
there is not much phpBB can do to stop people from moving to facebook etc.
however, I have seen some evidence of a trend to move back to bulletin boards for discussions.
many facebook users are apparently leaving facebood for many different reasons. one of which is
the fact that you can't really have a discussion using facebook the same way you can using a bulletin board script.

robert
I agree with you

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2541936

Return to “General Discussion”