The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by warmweer »

I wonder how long it's going to take for fatalities to appear as a result of His Uselessness' advice on disinfectants or similar being entered into the body.
"We could have spectacular results!". Yeah, to think that guy has the launching codes :shock:
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

bubbathegimp wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:30 am
[bbvideo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2ZhY8xX_w[/bbvideo]
Say, that looks like the crazy doctor in the movie The Burbs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnQSUfjDSI8

warmweer wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:48 am
I wonder how long it's going to take for fatalities to appear as a result of His Uselessness' advice on disinfectants or similar being entered into the body.
"We could have spectacular results!". Yeah, to think that guy has the launching codes :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-M_GqSEDDk
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

https://www.facebook.com/therealsarahco ... 672711240/

It's outright criminal what DT in his function as president does. He undermines all efforts we make trying to give correct and understandable information to population groups that don't have the means, nor the knowledge to recognise dangerous "advice". There are people who just accept the words from a person with authority as THE truth/recommendation.
Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Post by Boardtalk.net »

DT - The brightest and best eh? :lol:
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

In Chile, two Andean condors have landed on a balcony. Their barking prey, however, sits behind a glass pane.
https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/riesige-gr ... 5172116671 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzX9LJ4 ... =emb_title
Imagine that: They land in your balcony, without glass panes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TmmDVl5Pug

- Corona early follow: The animals find less and less to eat.
Yesterday even ducks were looking for more food. One was sitting in a neighbour's dirty pond all day long.

In Geneva, the longest time so far without rain (42 days). Yesterday they showed completely dried up streams and rivers in Switzerland. They already had to resettle fish. A fish death is preprogrammed, should not come soon much rain.

The otherwise hardly visible animals flit through the village in the evening in search of food. Much to the delight of my dog, who probably wakes up the whole neighbourhood :) .

There is a fire ban in the canton Zurich (no more barbecue allowed). There is fire danger everywhere in Switzerland, as everything is completely dried out.

The falcon has finally reappeared in our village. But he flew his circles in search of something to eat much longer than other years.
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

:cry: Hello, in my opinion, the fate of the earth is controlled by human hands and can hardly be stopped? Those who want to survive are having a hard time, and for some species, harder than ever. The clock's been ticking way too long and nobody's listening? Not only do numerous peoples of the world suffer, nature and those who want to survive suffer as well. One way or another: So there is a question of ignorance when we follow developments?
Shortcomings from decades cannot simply be "repaired". I am reminded of "Soylent Green" by the ubiquitous scenario of the present time.

Hope dies last?
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

warmweer wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:02 am
https://www.facebook.com/therealsarahco ... 672711240/

It's outright criminal what DT in his function as president does. He undermines all efforts we make trying to give correct and understandable information to population groups that don't have the means, nor the knowledge to recognise dangerous "advice". There are people who just accept the words from a person with authority as THE truth/recommendation.
Why don't you strop cramming your head up the partisan, anti-Trump, anti-American, FAKE NEWS' butt and hear the President directly from the two small holes on the side of your head. You sound like an idiot with your BS about my President whom I voted for and so did millions of others. You really need to refrain from posting crap partisan news and memes relating to this country and worry about your own.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/media- ... at-he-said

This link as well as Fox's link will now be archived.

PS.

And for the record, I've been saying on my SHTF/prepper forum for about two months now that UV, high temputures AND humidity help destroy the virus. And in fact the president did say he knew about that for some time as well.

Like me and many in conservatives circles often say. Trump could cure caner, and he'll still get the shaft.

Want something done, you have to do it yourself. :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCDWAcQ

Talk19Zehn wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:53 pm
:cry: Hello, in my opinion, the fate of the earth is controlled by human hands and can hardly be stopped? Those who want to survive are having a hard time, and for some species, harder than ever. The clock's been ticking way too long and nobody's listening? Not only do numerous peoples of the world suffer, nature and those who want to survive suffer as well. One way or another: So there is a question of ignorance when we follow developments?
Shortcomings from decades cannot simply be "repaired". I am reminded of "Soylent Green" by the ubiquitous scenario of the present time.

Hope dies last?
Like how the squirrel and octopus are separated, so does the understanding of god's ways, universal laws, immaculate creations, mathematical harmony, and sacred geometry. We are but a grain of sand upon a beach in respect to our minion little minds at play for only a brief moment in time and space.

Do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5-6.
Last edited by 2600 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Sorry but the stuff Trump said earlier was downright ridiculous. That guy needs to stop talking about things he knows nothing about.
John connor wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:22 pm
And for the record, I've been saying on my SHTF/prepper forum for about two months now that UV, high temputures AND humidity help destroy the virus. And in fact the president did say he knew about that for some time as well.
There's a key part missing from that line. Yes they do damage and destroy the virus..... when it's on a non biological surface. So for instance if it's on a door handle, food packaging, work surface, things like that. Inside a person, no. Because then it is inside your cells attacking them and UV and high temps damage the cells themselves, infected or not.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

KevC wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:41 pm
Sorry but the stuff Trump said earlier was downright ridiculous. That guy needs to stop talking about things he knows nothing about.

There's a key part missing from that line. Yes they do damage and destroy the virus..... when it's on a non biological surface. So for instance if it's on a door handle, food packaging, work surface, things like that. Inside a person, no. Because then it is inside your cells attacking them and UV and high temps damage the cells themselves, infected or not.
That's all fine and well, but Trump mealy suggested perhaps it could be used as a cure and ask the lady sitting there and said himself he wasn't sure and wasn't a doctor. Give the man a break.

And you don't have to be sorry. The whole concept of media bias, and disillusion from such fosters a nomenclature of crap that the media can pick and write about misconstruing the facts.

The president wants people to get better, he REALLY wants to get the economy going again. He's not putting his foot down and saying, yeah lets see if UV light can help infected people and what not. That's not what he's saying at all and you people are really reading way too much into what he says and taking it out of complete context.

And there should be a comma after sorry... :twisted:

As I said many, many times on scores of Internet board for years. The presidency is a damned if you do damned if you don't job. And I'll say the same thing when I become president. :twisted: Perhaps I'll revoke press passes for LIFE! :lol:
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

John connor wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:49 pm
That's all fine and well, but Trump mealy suggested perhaps it could be used as a cure and ask the lady sitting there and said himself he wasn't sure and wasn't a doctor. Give the man a break.
No. He's the President. People believe what he says. People WILL die because they will inject or drink cleaning fluid thinking it'll make them safe. He shouldn't even be making suggestions that things along those line could work and could be looked at because it sows the seed. What he said was idiotic.

I also take issue that the medical expert there didn't stand up and correct him or clarify, probably because she would have lost her job.
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

KevC wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:56 pm
People WILL die because they will inject or drink cleaning fluid thinking it'll make them safe.
*Citation needed. Have any?

And blind trust in anyone's government makes one a fool. To distrust but love your country makes you a patriot.
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Post by tbackoff »

John connor wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:02 pm
KevC wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:56 pm
People WILL die because they will inject or drink cleaning fluid thinking it'll make them safe.
Not a citation, but why would news outlets put out articles like this if they didn't think there was some idiot who would take the president's remarks as gospel?
Doctors urge public to ignore president's ‘suicidal’ bleach theory
Lysol Is Begging You Not to Listen to Donald Trump
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Yep, pretty much every cleaning company has come out today and said don't ingest their products!

This was recent too.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/y3m4 ... oronavirus

He needs to think before he opens his mouth when talking about medical issues and their solutions.
Cheap UK Hosting
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

Talk19Zehn wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Hope dies last?
My headache, the wind, the clouds suggest rain. All that's missing is that it comes down as extremely as it did a few years ago. Then we have here a huge flood thanks to the dry ground. I should actually now bring a few things that I don't want anymore down to the cellar :-D.

I was clearly born much too early and in the wrong canton. Those who have registered for the entrance examination to the Gymnasium, FMS and professional matura BM1 can enter without an examination with a 12 month probationary period. Corona also has something good - for people who always mess up on exams.
Also those who obtained at least a grade of 5.0 in the final apprenticeship examination for the professional matura BM2.
In Zurich, all entrance examinations used to be pure horror. One who failed, whose father died of a heart attack and had a large life insurance policy, sent his mother to St. Gallen for the entrance examination, where he took the best entrance examination at the teacher's seminar. That says enough!
The question remains: Where will they get so many places if all the registered participants are admitted?

The cinemas in Solothurn have now set up a streaming portal. Cinema from Solothurn in your apartment. Will this do any good when there's Netflix? But maybe there are enough people who are willing to solidarity.
The Stream99 flat rate subscription costs CHF 9 per month after the free trial period and offers ad-free access to the site and bonus material for all streaming films in addition to two new long and one short film per week.
The locals are already showing solidarity. But unfortunately there are fewer and fewer of them. That's why shops in the city keep closing, because there are fewer and fewer buyers. Because there are less and less locals and more and more foreigners who don't shop in the small town but go to the more distant shopping centres. When I started my apprenticeship here, the city was always extremely crowded. Nothing compared to today.
In summer it was full of Japanese and Chinese. On the last day they came to the terrace outside the hotel for a last drink. They left all the coins lying around - this left an abnormally high tip each time. In addition, I was forced to learn a lot of English, even if Asian :mrgreen: . That's probably why in 2010, as the only one in the office, I had no problems understanding the nervous Chinese woman.

Today we had a cardboard box collection. You wouldn't believe the things people threw in the box. Because there were extreme mountains of cardboard in the subfield, the poor collectors were quite stressed anyway. As a result, everything that was not allowed is lying on the ground before the containers. A very clever one distributed his black filling material at the farmer's place at the edge of the field. All along the road. :twisted:
You can see the mentality of the people and all the consequences Corona brings with it.
Actually I should have photographed all this yesterday and today. I felt so bad, I'd completely forgotten. It would have been the photo of the month in the newspapers. One no longer felt like in Switzerland.

Because it became known that the Federal Council will start supplying supermarkets with masks sold at cost price on Monday, Aldi started selling its stock of masks for its staff to customers yesterday.
On TV you could see that already 1 hour before the opening of the shop people were waiting. After 1 hour, all 50 pieces packs were sold out. Now there are only packs of 10 pieces for just 7.20.
People are still hoarding - now the masks. That although you rarely meet anybody wearing a mask on the streets. Every 5 days you meet 1 single person with a mask.

The pharmacists were outraged that they are not allowed to sell these masks but the supermarkets and have already officially objected. They also said that one had to explain to people how to put on the masks correctly.
But they are not completely wrong. With my new glasses it is extremely difficult. I cannot put on the hearing aids anymore.

The first masks my husband bought for me in the drugstore were extreme. Extra thick, five of 9 francs each (packet of 5). Yesterday I wanted to go to the store and would have needed mask, because I had an even stronger cold. But they smelled extremely, gave me shortness of breath. I took it off again and stayed at home. At least the cheap ones don't smell. I just wonder how anyone can put up with those thick, smelly things. But they'd fit better than the skinny cheap ones. The new ones are much too big around the ears, do not really fit. It's best if you sew them yourself. But unfortunately I don't have a sewing machine anymore.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:02 pm
Why is a citation needed when his whole monologue was transcribed (unfortunately I discovered that after I did it myself) and the reactions from knowledgeable people (including some companies that produce disinfectants) were almost immediate.
John connor wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:49 pm
Suggested?? He presented it as though it was one of his exceptionally intelligent observations (like his chloroquine rant - which BTW is a subject he's now avoiding, guess why).
Fauci and colleagues could easily interrupt him and point out his mistakes/stupidities, but then they would become "fake news" (your favourite argument) and Trump's minions would take their place and then what?

Previous presidents have also made mistakes and have taken wrong decisions but none have shown the lack of common sense and realism that Trump exposes (just about every day). This is not about the US, but about Trump who is a spoilt brat who never had to work for a living and who's strongest (and only) argument is "You're fired!

Return to “General Discussion”