Variable PHP version(!)

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
mhuss

Variable PHP version(!)

Post by mhuss »

I'm (broken) in the midst of a 3.2>3.3 upgrade. Apparently GoDaddy's PHP version system works differently depending on context...
- If I do phpinfo() in a web page, it says version 7.1.27
- I do do 'php --version' from the command line in the same folder it says 5.4.x (!)

My problem is I'm trying to run install; I followed the directions up until the install web page. The web version is returning the quick 'timeout' blind error, and the CLI won't run on PHP 5.

The only error log entries that I can view in cPanel:
1) File does not exist: /home2/vintageh/public_html/index.php, referer: https://vintagehiwattconvention.com/index.php
and
2) AH01265: attempt to invoke directory as script: /home2/vintageh/public_html/cgi-bin/
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: Variable PHP version(!)

Post by tbackoff »

mhuss wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:13 pm
- I do do 'php --version' from the command line in the same folder it says 5.4.x (!)
Is GoDaddy able to update your PHP version for you on the CLI? I had this problem and had to have my host do it for me (since running yum update told me I was already on the latest version).
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
EA117

Re: Variable PHP version(!)

Post by EA117 »

mhuss wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:13 pm
The web version is returning the quick 'timeout' blind error, and the CLI won't run on PHP 5.
Don't disagree on asking GoDaddy how to control or at least update the PHP version in the CLI environment.

But wanted to mention that on my GoDaddy hosting account, the PHP error log is written as an "error_log" file in the root of the web site. None of those two errors you saw appear as though they're PHP errors (more like web server / HTTPD errors), and so maybe finding the PHP error log would reveal what PHP execution error actually occurred that the web installer reported as "timeout".
mhuss

Re: Variable PHP version(!) - solved

Post by mhuss »

The error in error_log pointed the way: config.php was set for mysql instead of mysqli. Updated that and was able to complete the install using the web method.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”