Extension description: This extension adds support for the two factor authentication in your phpBB forum.
You can set several options within this extension:
- Disable 2FA completly (Basicly disabling the extension!)
- Do not require 2FA, but give it as option to users
- Require 2FA for users with a_ permissions only, and only to login for the ACP
- Require 2FA for users with a_ permissions only
- Require 2FA for users with a_ or m_ permissions only
- Require 2FA for all users
This extension currently supports the following types of two factor authentication:
- U2F (See below)
- TOTP (For example Google authenticator)
- Backup keys
- At least phpBB 3.2
- openSSL (At least 1.0.0)
- A secure connection (There are no specific requirements for the certificate. A self signed certicate will work as well as a extended validated certificate) if you want to use U2F
Due to limitations set by the U2F standard a secure connection is required. Currently, U2F is only supported in Google Chrome.
Ofcourse the user will also need a U2F compatible security key, for example from Yubico.
Extension version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB version: 3.2.10
Download file: paul999_tfa_v1.0.1.zip
File size: 223.79 KiB
Extension overview page: View
Except where otherwise noted, the phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this extension. By installing this extension, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.