Facebook and PHPBB integration

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
NewToPHPBoards

Facebook and PHPBB integration

Post by NewToPHPBoards »

Hi,

It's been some years since I last posted (back in the days of 3.1.x). The main reason for my apathy has been related to the shift of individuals preferring to use social media sites such as Facebook groups to share content.

Back at the time, I raised some questions around the longer term strategy of PHPBB to integrate closer with social media tech, to compliment, and seamlessly share content back and forth.

I've done some searching on this board to find out if there any advances, but most questions posted on this seem to end around 2016. It may be I've failed to use the correct search terms to find any advances made in this area?

With 3.3.x, are there any development along side the FB groups API, or any sort of extension that is available to share posts between a PHPBB board and Facebook?
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: Facebook and PHPBB integration

Post by Kailey »

Maybe this extension? It's for 3.2, so it may or may not work with 3.3
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/shareon/
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”