User Control Panel error in this Community

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Bill Myers
Name: Bill Myers

User Control Panel error in this Community

Post by Bill Myers »

After registering for the first time in this Community, this Support Forum displays just fine.

Unfortunately, after adding a birthdate in my User Control Panel (as well as other information), this Community, and of course this Support Forum was no longer accessible. The following message is what showed:

"This board has no forums."

Sending a general support message to team members in this forum has produced no replies (going on 5 days as of this post).

I subsequently tried again with another username and email address, and the same thing happened; this time after I simply added my birthdate.

Obviously, in order to post this message, I registered for a 3rd time without editing my User Control Panel.

Hopefully, this issue can be resolved so that I can use my original, and preferred registration. Thank you.

I should note that I'm currently testing this phpBB forum software on a couple of different domains that I own, and so far, this specific problem hasn't occurred. Given that this is phpBB's own forum, I was surprised that it occurred here, and I'm guessing that nobody in support knows about the problem. :o

By the way, not only does this forum becomes inaccessible as I described it, but the User Control Panel becomes effectively inoperable, i.e., one cannot edit the birthdate out, etc. I presume this problem is affecting all new users (as it's already affected me twice), the irony being that it's not so easily reported ... kind of funny when you think about it. :lol:

If this particular error affects this username of mine, i.e., I'm unable to reply to this post, please help by contacting those who can fix it. Thank you.

To that point, the following is my preferred profile:

Username: Bill Myers
Email: [email protected]

---
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Sat May 28, 2022 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: User Control Panel error in this Community

Post by Paul »

Your other account was marked as spammer. I have removed the mark from it, you should be able to use it now.
Bill Myers
Name: Bill Myers

Re: User Control Panel error in this Community

Post by Bill Myers »

Thank you! As you can see, you were able to restore my account. It's very much appreciated.

Hopefully, for the benefit of new registrants, and so that you know as well being that you're on the infrastructure team, it took some effort for me to get into my other account (the one I'm posting from here). This account is the one, and only account that I had wanted (my original registration).

I'm guessing that's because my BillHMyers3 account (my 3rd registration since my 2nd registration produced the same problem) used the same IP address. I presume that you can verify that internally.

Before I finally successfully logged in to my account here, I first logged into the BillHMyers3 account to read an email from a staff member. I don't readily remember their role, but I do remember why my account had been identified as a spammer.

I was told that I provided my birthdate, and my website too quickly, i.e., I did so immediately after I registered. Evidently, that's what spammers do, and I would think that new registrants sometimes do the same thing. Interesting, though, I only edited my 2nd registered username to add my birthdate, which produced the same problem.

I didn't make any edits to my 3rd registered username, which it seems is why I was able to access this forum to create this topic. Thankfully, the topic was approved for publication. I guess the thing to do is for new registrants to wait however long it takes to become a regular user before they make any edits/additions to their profile. Otherwise, they may, or will be marked as a spammer.

In any case, because this odd problem is now documented here in this topic, I hope it can be of some help if or when other new registrants have the same problem as I did, and they search for a solution as I had searched to no avail. I suspect it's not an isolated case, although I'm hoping it is.

I'm apprehensive about accessing the other two accounts that I created because I'm not so sure I would be able to once again log in to this account again. Besides, the only reason that I would log in to those other two accounts would be to delete them, which isn't possible for users to do.

Thank you again for restoring the one, and only account that I wanted to use. I appreciate the fix. 8-)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”