[4.0.x][DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.3.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Hanakin
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Front-End Dev Team Lead
Name: Michael Miday

Re: [4.0.x][DEV] [OFFICIAL] CODENAME: Chameleon

Post by Hanakin »

The colors are just for organization for now they will all be standard color scheme colors normal text color/link colors with the exception of the read/unread/unapproved. There will be screen read hidden text for approval regardless of what way we go. We can not put icons in the title it voids our ability to truncate easily and messes with layout.
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

Hello
any new news?
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Meis2M wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:29 pm Hello
any new news?
It almost certainly has stalled.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)
When seeking support, please consider filling out the Support Request Template. It makes it easier for anyone trying to help.
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:55 pm
Meis2M wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:29 pm Hello
any new news?
At least wait until phpBB version 4.0.x is released.
Are you in such a hurry? Not me
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.11 | PHP: 8.2.16
[Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
"Mistress, Mistress someone is bothering me in pm"
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

ssl wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:40 pm
[Dimetrodon] wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:55 pm

At least wait until phpBB version 4.0.x is released.
Are you in such a hurry? Not me
I cannot say I'm in "a hurry," but rather, just stating fact. This theme has pretty much stalled.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)
When seeking support, please consider filling out the Support Request Template. It makes it easier for anyone trying to help.
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E »

I don't think this style is stalled.
From my understanding this style is being created from scratch for phpbb 4.0. How long do you think prosilver took to be created and all of the bugs worked out?

Let's let the phpbb team work on this style at their pace. We don't need a week by week progress report so we want think this style is stalled.

It was nice that Hanakin asked our opinions on the layout and function of this style while he was building it. We were all allowed to be involved in this style, so now let's just let them work on it.

I'm just saying...
Image . -.. / .... ..- -- .--. .... .-. . -.--
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!

:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
halil16
Name: Halil

Post by halil16 »

I think this style is not what we really want. More phpBB features we want. Because the current version can lag behind other forum software and social media. Maybe a little bit. I don't think so entirely. Because phpBB offers endless customization possibilities. We can create things that are not in the core ourselves. For example, I converted the "thanks for the post" extension to a like, like Instagram. Making verification badges, endless design customizations... But it is obvious that it has many shortcomings. The simplest example is the PM box. With this new style it finally changes and becomes modern. Coming with phpBB 4, I guess, push notifications. I'm using Senky's extension, but I wish it was in the kernel. I feel the lack of being not in the core.

I love phpBB like everyone else here. I think it's exciting for everyone to be aware of the development stages.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

halil16 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:00 am I think this style is not what we really want. More phpBB features we want.
With old code some of those new features won't work, these days it's mobile first - so a fully responsive style is vital.

Sniper_E wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:31 pm Let's let the phpbb team work on this style at their pace. We don't need a week by week progress report so we want think this style is stalled.
I think Sniper_E makes a good point, just because they aren't posting updates - doesn't mean it's stalled, it's volunteers, if they get some free time to work on the style but instead spend it posting updates - that's valuable time wasted that could have gone on the style.

I think we will have a phpBB 3.4 which will be used to transition much of the code as we edge towards phpBB 4.0.
Most of us will enjoy Christmas in the comfort of our own homes this year, however, sadly, that can't be said for people in the Ukraine who are suffering day after day, due to the Russian invasion.

If you would like to make a small donation to help Ukrainians in their time of need, you can donate to help all Ukrainians via BritishRedCross or you can donate to help the Ukrainian children via Unicef. 🇺🇦 Thank You 🇺🇦
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

Can anyone tell me how to install the 4.0.0 test version just so I can fool around with it?
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

Bruce Banner wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:02 am Can anyone tell me how to install the 4.0.0 test version just so I can fool around with it?
i'll pm you how to do it
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Off-topic mud slinging posts removed. Please stick to discussion of the style.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
My little corner of the world, where I sometimes post things documented from my job.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles in Development”