Where do you report site bugs here ?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Where do you report site bugs here ?

Post by warmweer »

david63 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:21 pm This board is far less strict than many other boards that I visit, not to mention other social media sites.
from which you've been banned? :P

(couldn't resist that one :lol:)
david63

Post by david63 »

warmweer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:24 pm
david63 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:21 pm This board is far less strict than many other boards that I visit, not to mention other social media sites.
from which you've been banned? :P

(couldn't resist that one :lol:)
To the best of my knowledge I have not been banned from any site

(yet)
Deactivated 1950056

Post by Deactivated 1950056 »

Jodi-86 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:31 pm This very site has a few political discussions in General Discussion - they all turn sour, it lets users see who is a Democrat sympathiser and who is a Republican sympathiser... which can cause a divide because some people are funny about that sort of thing, they will ignore the help of someone who supports the opposite political party - so if the support forum is about the product only... you avoid all this nonsense and pointless arguments.

It also benefits the search system too, being able to search for product help without pointless General Discussion topics appearing in the search results...
You can prevent GD topics from showing up under new posts just by going to group forum permissions, and under your GD forum, setting "Can search the forum" to "No" for all groups or "Never" for registered user permissions. That way you can have a General Discussion forum that people can post in, all while posts there do not appear under "New Posts" or "Unread Posts."

As for politics, those are old topics as political discussion is no longer allowed on phpBB.com, not in GD or anywhere else. The only exception is when it directly relates to phpBB.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

As has been stated, it is not a bug but a choice. Every website owner (yourself included) has the choice how to run their site, and this is the choice here.

As the question has been answered this topic has served its purpose so therefore I am closing it.

If you require further clarification please contact myself or my team leader

Return to “General Discussion”