Am I jumping in way over my head?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Am I jumping in way over my head?

Post by HiFiKabin »

warmweer wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:13 pm The 3.2.0 pl1 is a typo by HiFiKabin and should be 3.0.7 pl1 (hence the next step: updating to 3.0.14).
:oops: Edited my post accordingly, thanks for the catch
snake138

Post by snake138 »

It's been a long time since I started this topic, but I have to return with more questions than answers unfortunately.
  • I've tried using PuTTY as well as WinSCP and neither will allow me to download all the existing files on the server, many folders give generic errors that I cannot trouble shoot through any further. With the php-Nuke install, exactly what folders will have all the information I need? Is there a chance that the folders I'm having errors downloading are not necessary?
    In my root directory, I have the following folders:
    directories.PNG
    directories.PNG (5.72 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
    By looking through most of the folders, it looks like about half of them will copy correctly except for dev, etc, home, lib, proc, sys, usr, and var. Those folders all give varying errors, some allow certain folders to copy, but the worse two are proc and sys. No matter how I try, most of the files in those folders will not copy.
  • I've tried running a database backup through php-Nuke but it hangs for a few minutes before timing out. Due to the age of Nuke, I can't find any solutions to why I can't create a backup. I'm worried about trying to do an upgrate without a database backup. What are some other methods of getting a database backup?
  • No matter how I try to configure XAMPP, I cannot get it to create an offline version of the forums to experiment with. I've uploaded to the htdocs folder everything I did successfully copy from the server, and when I run Apache I was able to get it to display some php errors. I traced those to the fact that XAMPP was running a much newer version of PHP, so I downloaded the archived version of PHP 5.3.2 and put that in the XAMPP directory. According to phpinfo.php on the server, that is the version currently running, but when I run Apache through with the older version of PHP, it simply shows a blank white page. So the newer version of PHP gives errors for a bunch of functions that are outdated, and running the older version just gives me a blank page. I have fought literally for months and I cannot get any further with XAMPP.

When I check the Apache error report, it says that PHP is still running 7.3.27, but again the errors aren't showing on the web page and only gives the following errors in the Apache error.log:

Code: Select all

[Tue Aug 30 20:18:23.434205 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9596:tid 660] AH00455: Apache/2.4.46 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1j PHP/7.3.27 configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Tue Aug 30 20:18:23.434205 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9596:tid 660] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC15 Server built: Feb 18 2021 10:09:17
    [Tue Aug 30 20:18:23.434205 2022] [core:notice] [pid 9596:tid 660] AH00094: Command line: 'c:\\xampp\\apache\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/xampp/apache'
    [Tue Aug 30 20:18:23.434205 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 9596:tid 660] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 5788
    [Tue Aug 30 20:18:23.918560 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 5788:tid 592] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
    [Tue Aug 30 20:18:23.949871 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 5788:tid 592] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'bz2' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\bz2 (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_bz2.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'curl' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\curl (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_curl.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'fileinfo' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\fileinfo (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_fileinfo.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'gd2' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\gd2 (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_gd2.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'gettext' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\gettext (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_gettext.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mbstring' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\mbstring (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_mbstring.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'exif' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\exif (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_exif.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'mysqli' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\mysqli (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_mysqli.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'openssl' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\openssl (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_openssl.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pdo_mysql' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\pdo_mysql (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_pdo_mysql.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pdo_sqlite' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\pdo_sqlite (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_pdo_sqlite.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_openssl.dll' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_openssl.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_php_openssl.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_ftp.dll' (tried: C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_ftp.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:\\xampp\\php532\\ext\\php_php_ftp.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0
    [Tue Aug 30 20:18:23.981123 2022] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 5788:tid 592] AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads.
  • I'm seriously out of ideas, I can't seem to make any progress in any direction. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

those are all server directories with the possible exception of the one named "home". and you don't need any of those, certainly not to put in the xamp installation.

open that directory named "home" and show us what is inside it.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
snake138

Post by snake138 »

directories home.PNG
directories home.PNG (9.18 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
The previous website admin told me that the site runs in the folder "jake" which I confirmed only by uploading the "phpinfo.php" file to the folder "v2" underneath the website's name.

I only received one error while copying the contents of the "home" folder to my own computer:
error home.PNG
error home.PNG (11.2 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
Even with the entire "home" folder in "htdocs" folder for XAMPP, I started seeing errors that I believe came from XAMPP running a newer version of PHP:
error php.PNG
After a lot of Googling, it seemed like the issue was because the server is running PHP 5.3.2-1 Ubuntu and XAMPP is on like 7.3.27, so I looked into how to run the site through XAMPP on a different port with an older PHP version. This actually did get rid of the errors, because now when I run the site I only get a URL error:
error url not found.PNG
error url not found.PNG (7.42 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
And then all the errors show up in the log that I posted earlier. This part really has me stuck because running through the different port changes the error I'm getting, yet it still says it's running PHP 7.3.27 below the URL not found. So I don't know if I'm missing something trying to run the older verison of PHP, or if that line in the picture above isn't correct. Either way, I've been stuck here working on this in my spare time for weeks.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

That v2 folder looks a bit like a nuke installation but it's missing a lot of other files.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”