Mybb to phpbb backup (archive forum)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
zeus77

Mybb to phpbb backup (archive forum)

Post by zeus77 »

Hey there.
I want to archive a mybb forum into a private phpbb forum (in the bottom, only for registed users)

How can i do it, since phpbb is already installed? Should i reinstall following some converter steps? Is it possible to do it in other way?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Mybb to phpbb backup (archive forum)

Post by warmweer »

zeus77 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:04 am Hey there.
I want to archive a mybb forum into a private phpbb forum (in the bottom, only for registed users)

How can i do it, since phpbb is already installed? Should i reinstall following some converter steps? Is it possible to do it in other way?
Once you have the data in a phpBB board, you can have part of it or all accessible only to registered users, or even only to specific groups.

What you need is a convertor for MyBB to phpBB. A search in this specific forum should point you to a (couple of?) convertors but they may not be 100% functional for your version of MyBB and you may have to convert to an older phpBB version first and then upgrade phpBB.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
zeus77

Re: Mybb to phpbb backup (archive forum)

Post by zeus77 »

thing is i'v already got the forum itself ready, but not the foruns/topics/posts data.

it is possible to export/import the table from that data, but i need to include the users too, right?

So, i just need
  • phpbbjf_forums
  • phpbbjf_groups
  • phpbbjf_topics
  • phpbbjf_topics_posted
  • phpbbjf_users
  • phpbbjf_user_group

Return to “[3.3.x] Convertors”