[SOLVED] PHPBB. Member that does not exist but does exist

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jfarre

[SOLVED] PHPBB. Member that does not exist but does exist

Post by jfarre »

I have a problem I have more or less 30 users that when I look for them from the PCA / users and groups / manage users / I put a user / send and it says "the user does not exist" however if I "search" it and select it by name opens it for me, BUT if in the search I give the select button and then "send" the same error comes out.
If I leave and try to enter the forum with the user that does not exist, but if it exists, it says that the PSW and user do not match, so I restart PSW, receive the mail, update psw but then when I try to enter it does not work.
Summary: It only works if I look for it and select the name
Anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks
Last edited by jfarre on Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: PHPBB. Member that does not exist but does exist

Post by warmweer »

That sounds like a deleted user (who has no entry in the users_table) and he can't have a password.
When you find that user: does he have a user_id?
Last edited by Mick on Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary full quote.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

warmweer wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:35 pm That sounds like a deleted user
More likely a user with a bad username_clean column. That would prevent you from searching by name, but allow you to open the user's profile when you click the name in a list.
jfarre

Post by jfarre »

Thank you for your interest @warmweer and @Brf Yes they are in the user table.
Captura.JPG
The user-id appears and just below [Selected].
When I click on the user-ID we can manipulate the information, but when I click on [Selected] then it says it doesn't exist.
In the event that they are deleted, I do not understand how they appear in the user table, how can I recover them?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Click on the user's name in the list to open their profile. Then Click on [Administer User] to open their profile in the ACP.
From there, you can change their name to something reasonable. That will rebuild their username_clean.
jfarre

Post by jfarre »

Brf wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:45 pm Click on the user's name in the list to open their profile. Then Click on [Administer User] to open their profile in the ACP.
From there, you can change their name to something reasonable. That will rebuild their username_clean.
There is the solution.
With all the users with the problem, we must change the original name, save, and return to the original name, save another time and it RUNS good.
We have 3.3.4

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”