[CDB] Prime Post Revisions

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: [3.2][3.3][RC] Prime Post Revisions

Post by warmweer »

stone23 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:24 am STK version is 1.0.19 dev.
OK, that's the one by AlexSheer but I don't know whether it's suited for phpBB 3.3.x. (although it seems to have been updated for php 8.0 so it probably is suited).

If I were you I'ld install a clean phpBB (same version) on personal webserver AND a copy of your board and compare those.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
ViolaF
I've Been Banned!

Post by ViolaF »

My forum
phpBB version: 3.3.4
php version: 8.0.7
Better go back to e.g. php 7.4.
this time is too much trouble with php 8.* yet
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

warmweer wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:42 am OK, that's the one by AlexSheer but I don't know whether it's suited for phpBB 3.3.x. (although it seems to have been updated for php 8.0 so it probably is suited).
Hi
1.0.19 dev version of STK works fine with phpBB 3.3.4
ViolaF wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:07 am ack to e.g. php 7.4.
The trouble is not du to a php version, i test this extension with 8.0.7 version of php without problem.
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.11 | PHP: 8.2.16
[Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
"Mistress, Mistress someone is bothering me in pm"
stone23

Post by stone23 »

ViolaF wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:07 am Better go back to e.g. php 7.4.
I have already tried, it doesn't change anything...
encreuse.net
Forum version : 3.3.11
php version : 8.2.10

Excuse my English, I'm French...
kizuzi

Post by kizuzi »

Hy,

thank you for this very nice extension. A good feature would be to show, who have created a version (who have edited the post)
In the moment I can not see a different, if an moderator changed the post or the user itself.

Best Regards, Daniel
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Not a bad suggestion but I'm not sure I want to put in the time to figure out how to make that change. It is open source, though, so you or anyone else is welcome to do it.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
kizuzi

Post by kizuzi »

Thank you for the answer. I have the same problem with the time. But maybe I will find the time to check the code and change it. If I have done it, I will send you the changes.
Dark❶
Name: Dark❶ [dark1]

Post by Dark❶ »

kizuzi wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:02 am Thank you for the answer. I have the same problem with the time. But maybe I will find the time to check the code and change it. If I have done it, I will send you the changes.
Please do check the latest code changes on github.

Best regards :+1:
Dark❶ [dark1]
Zinnn

Post by Zinnn »

Question - I've been using this extension for a few months now. If I disable it for a week, and then enable it again - will the history of the edits from BEFORE I DISABLED IT disappear?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Zinnn wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:47 am Question - I've been using this extension for a few months now. If I disable it for a week, and then enable it again - will the history of the edits from BEFORE I DISABLED IT disappear?
Disabling >>> NO
Delete data >>> YES
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Zinnn

Post by Zinnn »

warmweer wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:52 am
Zinnn wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:47 am Question - I've been using this extension for a few months now. If I disable it for a week, and then enable it again - will the history of the edits from BEFORE I DISABLED IT disappear?
Disabling >>> NO
Delete data >>> YES
Thank you! One more thing - is there a way to disable a user from being 'monitored' by the edits history? I am the admin and I do a lot of edits - but I installed this extension mostly to make sure other users don't delete their posts / troll the forum. Can I exclude my username from being tracked by this extension?
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Sorry, I don't think that's a feature I added.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
Zinnn

Post by Zinnn »

primehalo wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:00 am Sorry, I don't think that's a feature I added.
Appreciate the answer. Theoretically speaking, do you think it's possible though? From my point of view, I just don't want to clog the DB with storing history of my edits (since I edit a lot of posts, mostly cleaning them up).
Dark❶
Name: Dark❶ [dark1]

Post by Dark❶ »

Zinnn wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:42 pm ...
Thank you! One more thing - is there a way to disable a user from being 'monitored' by the edits history? I am the admin and I do a lot of edits - but I installed this extension mostly to make sure other users don't delete their posts / troll the forum. Can I exclude my username from being tracked by this extension?
Instead you can use extension permissions to make the revisions visible only to admins,
you can find those in Forum permissions and Moderative permissions under Actions tab.

Edit:
Zinnn wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:19 am ...
Appreciate the answer. Theoretically speaking, do you think it's possible though? From my point of view, I just don't want to clog the DB with storing history of my edits (since I edit a lot of posts, mostly cleaning them up).
Use Auto-prune feature of this extension.

Dark❶ [dark1]
Zinnn

Post by Zinnn »

Dark❶ wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:22 am Instead you can use extension permissions to make the revisions visible only to admins,
you can find those in Forum permissions and Moderative permissions under Actions tab.
I don't mind the edits being visible, I just don't want to clog the DB with storing info about my edits. I.e. I have a sticky thread that serves as a menu, which I edit on a daily basis. It's unnecessary for me to keep storing all those edits (I know I can delete them one by one, but it's time consuming).

Dark❶ wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:22 am Use Auto-prune feature of this extension.

But that would delete everyone's history right?

The reason why I want this extension is (and this has happened a few times already) some old, no longer active users decide to come back after many years and edit all their posts deleting all their comments. So sometimes I catch this behaviour only some time after they do it.

Return to “Extensions in Development”