[SOLVED] I can't see the forum. registration website only

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jfarre

[SOLVED] I can't see the forum. registration website only

Post by jfarre »

Hello
When I put the website of the forum, it says that there is no forum and offers me to "login" or "Register".
It was this morning.
Is there any way to go back to yesterday?
This morning among other things we have deleted the user "anonymous". Is this the problem?
How do I get it back?
How do I tell the forum that when someone without being registered accesses the forum to see how it happened this morning, they can see the 1st forum?
Thank you
Last edited by jfarre on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: I can't see the forum. registration website only

Post by KevC »

jfarre wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:55 pm This morning among other things we have deleted the user "anonymous". Is this the problem?
That'll be it.

The Anonymous user account is essential. It is the account used by anyone who is not logged in. Not having it results in numerous errors, such as the ones you have seen.

To replace the Anonymous user run this SQL query

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_users` (`user_id`, `user_type`, `group_id`, `user_permissions`, `user_perm_from`, `user_ip`, `user_regdate`, `username`, `username_clean`, `user_password`, `user_passchg`, `user_email`, `user_email_hash`, `user_birthday`, `user_lastvisit`, `user_lastmark`, `user_lastpost_time`, `user_lastpage`, `user_last_confirm_key`, `user_last_search`, `user_warnings`, `user_last_warning`, `user_login_attempts`, `user_inactive_reason`, `user_inactive_time`, `user_posts`, `user_lang`, `user_timezone`, `user_dateformat`, `user_style`, `user_rank`, `user_colour`, `user_new_privmsg`, `user_unread_privmsg`, `user_last_privmsg`, `user_message_rules`, `user_full_folder`, `user_emailtime`, `user_topic_show_days`, `user_topic_sortby_type`, `user_topic_sortby_dir`, `user_post_show_days`, `user_post_sortby_type`, `user_post_sortby_dir`, `user_notify`, `user_notify_pm`, `user_notify_type`, `user_allow_pm`, `user_allow_viewonline`, `user_allow_viewemail`, `user_allow_massemail`, `user_options`, `user_avatar`, `user_avatar_type`, `user_avatar_width`, `user_avatar_height`, `user_sig`, `user_sig_bbcode_uid`, `user_sig_bbcode_bitfield`, `user_jabber`, `user_actkey`, `user_newpasswd`, `user_form_salt`, `user_new`, `user_reminded`, `user_reminded_time`) VALUES
(1, 2, 1, '00000000000g13ydq8\nhwby9w000000\nhwby9w000000', 0, '', 1564580897, 'Anonymous', 'anonymous', '', 0, '', 0, '', 0, 0, 0, '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'en', '', 'd M Y H:i', 1, 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, -3, 0, 0, 't', 'd', 0, 't', 'a', 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 230271, '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', '', '', '', '2g5hmhtnt3cgl4x7', 1, 0, 0);
Change the table prefix if yours is not phpbb_.

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running queries.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
jfarre

Post by jfarre »

KevC wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:01 pm
Hello thank you very much

I have recovered the copy of the MySQL Database from yesterday and I have recovered the user "anonymous", and I have lost some improvement, but it does not matter, I see that the anonymous user is much more important.

How are topics closed?
Can I close them or does a moderator have to close them?

Thanks for everything
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

jfarre wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:25 pm How are topics closed?
Done.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [SOLVED] I can't see the forum. registration website only

Post by KevC »

jfarre wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:25 pm I have recovered the copy of the MySQL Database from yesterday and I have recovered the user "anonymous", and I have lost some improvement, but it does not matter,
You only had to run the query I posted. That would have kept everything else and was a lot easier to do than restoring the whole database.
jfarre wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:25 pm Can I close them or does a moderator have to close them?
We mark them as solved when we notice.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

jfarre wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:25 pm How are topics closed?
Moderation tools
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
jfarre

Re: [SOLVED] I can't see the forum. registration website only

Post by jfarre »

KevC wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:30 pm You only had to run the query I posted. That would have kept everything else and was a lot easier to do than restoring the whole database.
It is still difficult for me some things.
Later ...

thanks for you help

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”