Not Views, Clicks!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
halil16
Name: Halil

Not Views, Clicks!

Post by halil16 »

I noticed an error. I was refreshing the page paying attention to the Topic "views" count. Then all of a sudden I started clicking on the link one after the other without the page reloading. When I stopped clicking and the page was loaded, it should have increased by 1 view, but the number increased as I clicked.

https://www.veed.io/view/bad0bf43-ffaa- ... 7beb33b5b5
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Not Views, Clicks!

Post by KevC »

You're assuming you're the only person looking at that topic.

I just did exactly the same and the view count only went up by 2. I clicked 10 times.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
[Dimetrodon]

Re: Not Views, Clicks!

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

KevC wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:19 pm You're assuming you're the only person looking at that topic.

I just did exactly the same and the view count only went up by 2. I clicked 10 times.
Exactly. Right now there are 8 guests looking at this very forum, and there is an endless supply of bots that scrape the site.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)
When seeking support, please consider filling out the Support Request Template. It makes it easier for anyone trying to help.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”