HELP - How can I emmbedded non-downloadable videos on messages?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
cecofuli

HELP - How can I emmbedded non-downloadable videos on messages?

Post by cecofuli »

Hello guys,

I would like to create an hidden area on my forum where to put my course.

I would like that the video will be somehow protected. YouTube is not an option, I think =)
Do you have some suggestion? Maybe with user name dynamic watermark?

Thank you!
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Extension Requests
halil16
Name: Halil

Re: HELP - How can I emmbedded non-downloadable videos on messages?

Post by halil16 »

You will most likely publish your course on a forum where you will set permissions so that only certain members can access it. No one, including bots, can enter there, except those who are members for the course.

As for the video, I've never tried it but I don't know if this can be done with the built-in file upload in phpBB. You have to try this or host the video on your own servers and somehow just make it only appear here.

If you want to use YouTube, with the "Unlisted" option, only those who have the link can access that video, so it is somewhat safe.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte

Return to “Extension Requests”