Help with storing attachments on S3, from legacy PHPBB3.0.8 board

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
paul.webs101

Help with storing attachments on S3, from legacy PHPBB3.0.8 board

Post by paul.webs101 »

Apologies if this isn't allowed or is posted in the wrong place.

I run a forum which is very heavily modified, but the original base was PHPBB3.0.8

We've a huge number of attachments which is beginning to be a problem for our server. I'd like instead to modify the functions_posting.php file so that attachments are uploaded to an S3 bucket instead of our server. Modifying view_

I've been unable to do this. I do have the S3 AWS toolkit installed and working uploading example data. But I can't work out how to modify functions_posting.php

Happy to make payment (or donation to project) for anyone who can help with this.
Last edited by Mick on Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
[Dimetrodon]

Re: Help with storing attachments on S3, from legacy PHPBB3.0.8 board

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Hello.
You can pay for assistance in the Wanted! forum: viewforum.php?f=656

That being said, 3.0.x is outdated and you should consider updating. I don't think anyone here will take this on.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)
When seeking support, please consider filling out the Support Request Template. It makes it easier for anyone trying to help.
paul.webs101

Post by paul.webs101 »

That's fair comment, but more than 50% of the code (not this uploads / attachment part) is custom written, so it's not really possible to move to a diff version, especially since the current one works fine.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Support for phpBB versions earlier than 3.2.0 has ended. Any support requests regarding those versions are limited to help with conversion to the latest version. I suspect you’re using an EOL version of PHP as well, same applies.
paul.webs101 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:14 pmHappy to make payment
It's not allowed to offer payment in any form for assistance in this forum, but in support we can help you, for free! If you feel what you want to do is beyond your capability, then please post in the Wanted! forum as previously mentioned where you may find someone willing to take on your project.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”