Is it possible to integrate Tidio-Chat into pHp-Board?

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
brah

Is it possible to integrate Tidio-Chat into pHp-Board?

Post by brah »

Hi dearest ones :-)

I run a homepage, https://brahbata.space with a pHp-Black Board by FanFanlaTuFlippe, which I css-modified to current look: https://www.brahbata.space/board/ .

I've got two humble questions, please:

Is it possible to integrate my Tidio-chat html Tag somewhere into the board pages, like I did it in the OLD YaBB Bulletin Board here: http://brahbata.space/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Please help me out of my misery - Unfortunately I would urgently be in need of a real "basic" explanation, cause I cannot program pHp and am absolutely new to it. A "step-by-step" Explanation would be VERY helpful - thank you so much in advance, dear Madams and Sirs!

My second question would be: How can I chance the name of board style artist to my name, cause I redesigned it? (I would have asked FanFanLaTuFlippe himself, but unfortunately I am not allowed to mail him. While I would be VERY PLEASED only to be mentioned as "Co-Artist", while he would keep all merits for him/herself.

Thank you just so much in advance, please do notice, that I am an ABSOLUTE BEGINNER,

KIND Regards,

brah :-)
Last edited by Mick on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Solved.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Is it possible to integrate Tidio-Chat into pHp-Board?

Post by warmweer »

brah wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:51 pm Is it possible to integrate my Tidio-chat html Tag somewhere into the board pages, like I did it in the OLD YaBB Bulletin Board here: http://brahbata.space/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Please help me out of my misery - Unfortunately I would urgently be in need of a real "basic" explanation, cause I cannot program pHp and am absolutely new to it. A "step-by-step" Explanation would be VERY helpful - thank you so much in advance, dear Madams and Sirs!
Just right click (with the mouse) on that chat image, choose Inspect (may differ from browser to browser) to see the in which part of the sidebar the code should be entered.
phpBB doesn't come standard with a sidebar so you'll have to use an extension or a style addon for that.
You should be able to find ample information about how to install that on https://www.tidio.com/live-chat/

brah wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:51 pm My second question would be: How can I chance the name of board style artist to my name, cause I redesigned it? (I would have asked FanFanLaTuFlippe himself, but unfortunately I am not allowed to mail him. While I would be VERY PLEASED only to be mentioned as "Co-Artist", while he would keep all merits for him/herself.
If you're talking about the
BlackBoard style phpBB® by FanFanlaTuFlipp
it's in the style.cfg
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

For future reference it is far better to have one topic for each question you are asking. It makes it easier to keep track of the relevant replies.

Thank You

James

Community Team Member
brah

Post by brah »

Dear Sirs :-)

thank you just so much for your quick and polite answers!

I did as you said and asked Tidio for a chat answer question. I do not know in what FILE on the php Board I should include the html tag with the chat identification. There are several index files, and I simply do not know in which file I should apply (how, please) the correct html-Tag into. So if you please would name me the FILENAME of the "index.html" (pHp?) in which I could implant the html tidio chat tag in the board software (of black board, please?).

I so dearly would ask you for doing me this favor, because I run more than 30 different languages in my pHp-Board - while the chat also runs as much as that. It just would be AWESOME if I could "somehow" integrate the chat-tag in https://brahbata.space/board (the pHp-Board) like I already did that in the YaBB-board here: https://brahbata.space/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Please, dear Madams and Sirs, do help me further.

Thanks in advance and my kindest regards, you guys are awesome!

P.S.: I tried to change that style.cfg file in the black board folder but it somehow doesn't work. In the board it till shows FanFanTuFlippe - not my name "brahbata". I certainly am doing something wrong?

Kind Regards,

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

brah wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:57 pm P.S.: I tried to change that style.cfg file in the black board folder but it somehow doesn't work. In the board it till shows FanFanTuFlippe - not my name "brahbata". I certainly am doing something wrong?
Purge board and browser cache.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

brah

Post by brah »

I did clear cache and browser, it's still not working.

I uploaded the following attached code as "style.cfg" into the black board AND the prosilver folder. When I download what I uploaded with Filezilla, it shows the right - modified - file is online. But it still shows FanFanTuFlippe as author's name and blackboard as board. Don't know what to do?

Kind Regards, thanks for your very KIND help! :-)

brah
Attachments
style.jpg
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Look with a other browser or in private mode.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

in your old board the javascript for the chat is apparently in the footer.

therefore, I would put it in the overall_footer.html file just before the closing html tag in the style you are using.

see if that works
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

brah wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:07 am I uploaded the following attached code as "style.cfg" into the black board AND the prosilver folder. When I download what I uploaded with Filezilla, it shows the right - modified - file is online. But it still shows FanFanTuFlippe as author's name and blackboard as board. Don't know what to do?
You're right, but that is easily identified by using your browser's Inspector.
It turns out that is is hardcoded in the Blackboard template overall_footer.html so a simple edit should fix that.

brah

Post by brah »

Thank you so so much, guys :D

I guess, I am *just dumb* - I seem to have found the problem (see attached images, pls).

The URLS to whatever footer information is my offline desktop link and NOT the online brahbata.space/board/style/BlackBoard/template/whatever.html . Too silly, but I just didn't recognize it earlier.

If only I would know, how the correct - online - file in the folder is named, I could re-link it. You got any clues, please?

Kind Regards, I apologize for not seeing the woods while focussing on a single tree *g

You guys are AWESOME!

Kind Regards,

brah :D
Attachments
I_am_blind.jpg
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

brah wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:10 pm If only I would know, how the correct - online - file in the folder is named, I could re-link it. You got any clues, please?
As I mentioned
warmweer wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:44 am It turns out that is is hardcoded in the Blackboard template overall_footer.html so a simple edit should fix that.
Presumably you made your style by copying the Blackboard style and renaming the directory.
In that case all you need to do is edit the overall_footer.html

line 11 the footer row

Code: Select all

<p class="footer-row">
		<span class="footer-copyright">{{ CREDIT_LINE }}</span><span class="foot-copyright">BlackBoard style V.3.3.8 by <a href="https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/BlackBoard_2">FanFanlaTuFlippe</a></span>
</p>
The link points to where the style can be downloaded and in your case it probably isn't downloadable so you could just remove it (or edit it)

brah

Post by brah »

Hi Dear warmweer :D

thank you just so much for your effort and time!

Still I got no clue - pls look in the attachment what I did to line 12, it still doesn't work?

Kind Regards, many, many thanks,

brah :D
brah

Post by brah »

Pls see image.
Attachments
line12.jpg
brah

Post by brah »

I apologize for not really being able to program all this.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

brah wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:47 pm Still I got no clue - pls look in the attachment what I did to line 12, it still doesn't work?
Are you sure you edited the correct file? (overall_footer.html) in styles/Aquarius and not styles/BlackBoard

and purge browser and board cache

CORRECTION: my mistake
I checked my files from this afternoon and realised that I forgot that the first edit didn't work as I expected it to and then did a second edit in overall_footer_2.html
on line 52

Code: Select all

<div id="page-footer-2" class="page-footer2" role="contentinfo">
	<!-- INCLUDE navbar_footer_2.html -->

<div id="copyright" class="copyright">
		<!-- EVENT overall_footer_copyright_prepend -->
		<p class="footer-row">
			<span class="footer-copyright">{{ CREDIT_LINE }}</span><span class="foot-copyright">YOURSTYLE style V.3.3.8 by <a href="https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/BlackBoard_2">YOURNAME</a></span>

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”