[split from] Could We Delete More Folders Before An Upgrade?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
BillGatesDoesPHP

[split from] Could We Delete More Folders Before An Upgrade?

Post by BillGatesDoesPHP »

On the System page, I have these instructions:

How to update your installation with the Full Package
The recommended way of updating your installation is using the full package. If core phpBB files have been modified in your installation you may wish to use the advanced update package in order to not lose these changes. You are also able to update your installation using the other methods listed within the INSTALL.html document. The steps for updating phpBB3 using the full package are:

Backup all board files and the database.
Go to the phpBB.com downloads page and download the latest "Full Package" archive.
Unpack the archive.
Remove (delete) the config.php file, and the /images, /store and /files folders from the package (not your site).
Go to the ACP, Board settings, and make sure prosilver is set as the default style. If not, set it to prosilver.
Delete the /vendor and /cache folders from the board’s root folder on the host.
Via FTP or SSH upload the remaining files and folders (that is, the remaining CONTENTS of the phpBB3 folder) to the root folder of your board installation on the server, overwriting the existing files. (Note: take care not to delete any extensions in your /ext folder when uploading the new phpBB3 contents.)
Now start the update process by pointing your browser to the install folder.
Follow the steps to update the database and let that run to completion.
Via FTP or SSH delete the /install folder from the root of your board installation.

I don't see those folders at the root, and this discussion says the opposite, to delete a bunch of folders...
janus_zonstraal

Re: [split from] Could We Delete More Folders Before An Upgrade?

Post by janus_zonstraal »

In what folder did you install your board?
There you will find the folders you have to delete or rename.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

BillGatesDoesPHP wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:45 pm I don't see those folders at the root, and this discussion says the opposite, to delete a bunch of folders...
Don't you see the list of directories and files in your board root? (that is where your config.php should be.
dirlist.jpg
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
BillGatesDoesPHP

Post by BillGatesDoesPHP »

I was able to complete the instructions and upload the package to the root folder, updated the database, and I am now all set. Thanks for the assistance.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”