Run phpBB on a Wordpress site

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
gjhvs

Run phpBB on a Wordpress site

Post by gjhvs »

Hi!

It's been a long long time since I used phpBB.
I want to use phpBb on my Madonna fanclub site (https://www.madonna.nl/) which is build with Wordpress.

I really want the forum to be integrated with the rest of the site.
If you look at my site you have the logo and the blue menu at the top.. I also want that within the forum. I want phpBB to be displayed beneath this top banner/menu item.

Is that possible?

Kind regards,
GertJan van Schuppen
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Run phpBB on a Wordpress site

Post by Mick »

As long as phpBB is installed in a separate folder to WP it will work. There are bridges and the like to integrate WP and phpBB on the WP site here and here though I’m not certain of the status of those. I’m fairly certain there’s no phpBB extension either so you could make an extension request. If your needs are just cosmetic to suit WP you should post in styles support.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
gjhvs

Post by gjhvs »

Thanks Mick! Will have a look at those 2 bridges/plugins you mentioned!
Marek Muc

Post by Marek Muc »

My website works the same way, i.e. Wordpress and phpBB. I installed phpBB in a separate folder (you can also use a subdomain), changed logo and adjusted the colours so that they (more or less) match. When you go from Wordpress part to phpBB part the switch is still recognisable but I think it does the trick
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

There are forum plugins like bbPress that could be used in place of phpBB but aren't nearly as robust. You may find plugins like WordFence for WordPress will try to control your phpBB forums, so you may have to write exceptions so that it doesn't do this.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”