Remove non-functioning CAPTCHA’s from package.

https://www.phpbb.com/ideas/
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Remove non-functioning CAPTCHA’s from package.

Post by Mick »

I believe it already is.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
GTI
Name: Laura

Re: Remove non-functioning CAPTCHA’s from package.

Post by GTI »

HifiKabin makes a very good point about the installation process taking you to a 'Configure the CAPTCHA' setup page.

Literally as soon as someone posts their board URL on this support forum they get spam bots signing up on their forums, so anyone who is new to phpBB and does not have any spam prevention set up are immediately going to have an extra problem to sort.

Mick wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:05 pm
[Dimetrodon] wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:54 pm I will not miss the flash tag, but would it be good for it to be disabled in the ACP by default for all users as an intern measure?
I believe it already is.
Nope, ACP --- General --- Post Settings --- Allow use of FLASH BBCode tag in posts... Is set to Yes.

IMO it should not be listed there anyway because it is a BBCode... there is a dedicated BBCode section in the ACP, at ACP --- Posting --- BBCodes... Which on an out of the box installation has nothing listed - people who are new to phpBB would expect to find it there.

There are other settings in the ACP which are listed in more than one place so I am surprised the Flash BBCode didn't follow the same route.
Most of us will enjoy Christmas in the comfort of our own homes this year, however, sadly, that can't be said for people in the Ukraine who are suffering day after day, due to the Russian invasion.

If you would like to make a small donation to help Ukrainians in their time of need, you can donate to help all Ukrainians via BritishRedCross or you can donate to help the Ukrainian children via Unicef. 🇺🇦 Thank You 🇺🇦

Return to “phpBB Ideas”