[SPLIT] SphinxSearch questions [was: Recreating The Search Index]

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
STENA

[SPLIT] SphinxSearch questions [was: Recreating The Search Index]

Post by STENA »

KYPREO wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:56 pm
* SphinxSearch - with a minimum character length of 1 (ie every single word indexed) and infinite inline wildcards, the search index is under 1GB. It takes less than 10 minutes to rebuild from nothing. In fact it is scheduled to completely rebuild the index every day at around 2am when the board is quiet. There is a delta index running every 5 minutes to update search results as soon as they are posted. This delta index takes less than 10ms to build. Searches with extraordinary complexity all take less than 100ms. Most searches are done in a few thousands of a second. I can do phrase searching, proximity searching, quorum searching, exact searching, searching for grammatical equivalents (lemmatization) and custom mapping of search terms. Sphinx for the win....assuming your hosting allows you to install on your server and you are prepared for the learning curve to set it up.
SphinxSearch is interesting for me. Can the extension also work on hidden forum parts (password protected/assigned access per user) or does the whole forum need to be public for the SphinxSearch to work?
Last edited by P_I on Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2540921

Return to “phpBB Discussion”