Login through phpbb on my game?

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
peq42

Login through phpbb on my game?

Post by peq42 »

I'm making a game in unity where I want to create a system to submit highscores where the user will be required to login to their account on my website(phpbb 3.3.9 forum) through the game to THEN send it. The accounts are store using phpbb's default way and the highscore will be on a different table or even mysql database as a whole(that part doesn't matter much).

Problem is, the only ways I found to do that requires placing admin username and password onto the mysql_connect function in a script within my game, and my website's webhost doesn't give me permission to create a separate user that can only read one table and write in one other(only 1 user, the admin, per database), so I'm in a pickle.

What would be a safe way to login through my game(using player name + password) without exposing mysql admin information in a .cs script that I'm fairly sure can be decompiled? Does phpbb have any REST API like way of handling login?

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”