Publish date and time for a topic

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
rudi_br
Name: Rudi Bjørn Rasmussen

Publish date and time for a topic

Post by rudi_br »

I would very much like to have a publish date and time for a new topic.

On my forum, there are monthly challenges, and the author would like to be able to write such monthly topic in good time and then mark it to be published say at 00:00 the 1'st day of next month.

Such a Topic will be visible for users with the right permission, but can only be viewed and not replied.
When the publish time is exceded, then the Tpoic will turn into a normal topic, vissible for all and anyone can reply to it.

I know that this could be done semi automatic by making a draft in good time, and then load the daft and submit it at the desired time.
But for example tomorrow, the author of the monthly challenges may not be well fit for doing this just after midnigt newyears evening ;-)

I searched, and found a few other Tpoics about this, e.g. this:
viewtopic.php?t=2367561

I don't really buy the "phpBB is not a CMS", come on, phpBB is a great forum platform and what makes it great are all the wonderful features and extensions.
If someone would make a "Publish date and time for a topic" extension, I at least would be extremely happy.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
/Rudi Bjørn Rasmussen
halil16
Name: Halil

Re: Publish date and time for a topic

Post by halil16 »

This one would be absolutely great. It is not only a simple planning, but also can be used for many different purposes with many permission based features. Like on YouTube.

I know some here despise existing social media or don't want to compare it to phpBB. But this must end and the father must forgive his son. :)

Anyway, after all, being able to schedule topics in time would be a great feature for announcements, explanations or more.

I think this should be in the core.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
Anișor
Translator

Post by Anișor »

I wonder why in that topic (the one mentioned in the first post) everybody is making this thing more difficult than it is.
All you need is to change the topic visibility.

The topic will be visible only by mods and admins. Once the time passes the topic visibility is changed (basically auto approved).
Same logic is applies to announcements, global announcements and important topics (when a time is set for them to expire and go back to normal topics).
Formerly known as Neculai Anisor
Discord: Criminus#1996
danieltj
Name: Daniel James

Post by danieltj »

I like this idea I might have a go at making this extension. It’s quite useful and maybe not core worthy but I reckon it has its use cases.

Return to “Extension Requests”