How to remove or not apply a Global Announcement to specific forums?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
wurliuchi

How to remove or not apply a Global Announcement to specific forums?

Post by wurliuchi »

Hi, my first post here.

I have numerous forums dealing with various music genres. As the admin, I made a Global Announcement that posted to all the forums. That saves a lot of time. However, there are two forums where I don't want the announcement to show up. How do I remove it from those forums, or not apply it to them in the first place?

I've tried all the permission settings that make sense for me to try, and even some that were a shot in the dark, but nothing has worked so far. I would appreciate some help. I have a feeling I'm close but I can't quite get there.

Thanks
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: How to remove or not apply a Global Announcement to specific forums?

Post by KevC »

There is no setting or permission to do that. A global announcement is exactly what it is.

You can try asking for an extension in the request forum.
viewforum.php?f=496
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
wurliuchi

Post by wurliuchi »

Oh, shoot!

Okay, thank you. Appreciate it.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

IIRC I used something like <!-- IF FORUM_ID eq '2' --> in templates (similar to the Group Template Vars extension) in an an old 3.2 board I had).
If that still works in phpBB3.3 it would be easy to exclude a Global Annoucement from specific forums.

Disclaimer: it's a vague memory and could have been "= 2" instead of "eq", perhaps even used code from the Group Template Vars to identify the forum (although I suspect not)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”