The requested information does not exist

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
4mpb5

The requested information does not exist

Post by 4mpb5 »

When the phpBB application times out & if user clicks on something, the application says "The requested information does not exist"
This is far from the right message.
The coreect message would be " Sytem timed out after long inactivity. Please re-login"
On which page is the message "The requested information does not exist" located. I want to change it.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: The requested information does not exist

Post by warmweer »

4mpb5 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 pm When the phpBB application times out & if user clicks on something, the application says "The requested information does not exist"
This is far from the right message.
The coreect message would be " Sytem timed out after long inactivity. Please re-login"
On which page is the message "The requested information does not exist" located. I want to change it.
A quick text search for The requested information does not exist on the whole phpBB package (which I've done using 2 different text search programs) would have given you the answer in about 20 seconds: namely ... it's not a phpBB message.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
4mpb5

Post by 4mpb5 »

warmweer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:07 pm
1. You may want to be careful before saying something that sounds like belittling or talking down to another poster when you say things like "would have given you the answer in about 20 seconds" even if the poster you are responding to is stupid. Humans have no control over their level of inhernet stupidity or intlellect. Everyone is relatively stupid (or smarter) compared to others on various pursuits at vaying levels

2. I know how to do a Text Search but I am inside a webhost & the search is not pulling up anything

3. The message has to come from somewhere
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

4mpb5 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:31 pm 1. You may want to be careful before saying something that sounds like belittling or talking down to another poster when you say things like "would have given you the answer in about 20 seconds" even if the poster you are responding to is stupid. Humans have no control over their level of inhernet stupidity or intlellect. Everyone is relatively stupid (or smarter) compared to others on various pursuits at vaying levels
Is that internet or inherent ?
4mpb5 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:31 pm 2. I know how to do a Text Search but I am inside a webhost & the search is not pulling up anything
Sorry ... argument not relevant: you asked on which page the message is located, and since we don't know anything about the setup, nor the host, a question posed this way suggests (even implies) that it's related to phpBB and using a text search (first thing that came to mind) (if necessary on a new downloaded package) would have saved you the time waiting for an answer.
4mpb5 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:31 pm 3. The message has to come from somewhere
Did you consider host error messages? It's the first thing that came to mind.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

There are a couple of hits if you Google that error message and they appear to be to do with some third party OS software, that may be a good place to start. Filling out the Support Request Template and posting it back here could help as well.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”