Resolved - 3.3.1 - Issues with "Contact Us"...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
nickp306
Name: Nick

Resolved - 3.3.1 - Issues with "Contact Us"...

Post by nickp306 »

In ACP>General>Email Settings>Contact Email Address I entered one of the Moderator's email address so that he would be notified whenever a member or guest has a problem.

In ACP> General>Contact Page Settings>Enable Contact Page...Enabled.

I tested it by clicking on "Contact Us" and I received a copy but when the Moderator (and I) received the email, his address (the address I entered as Contact Email Address) was listed as the sender's email address. I would think it should have been the sender's account email address...?

Have I missed any settings...?

Secondly, the canned email text ends in advising the sender to contact "phpbb/community". Can I change the text to my own preference...? I really don't want to send them to this board... :lol:

Thanks in advance...Nick
Last edited by Mick on Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Solved.
nickp306

Re: 3.3.1 - Issues with "Contact Us"...

Post by nickp306 »

Bumped...in case it got lost in the shuffle...
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Firstly the 'sent' address has to be yours as the contact us form has been sent from the board.
nickp306 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:11 am Secondly, the canned email text ends in advising the sender to contact "phpbb/community".
Where are you seeing that? Its not part of the form

Also you are 9 versions out of date (assuming that the topic title isn't a typo)
nickp306

Post by nickp306 »

Thanks for the feedback...

Since my original post I've done some more testing so here's an update...

When I enabled Contact Us and sent an email, none of the Admins or Mods received the email. I then added a specific Admin email address as the Contact Email Address and that worked. (except all emails send from Board, including notifications, now wind up in his Spam/Suspect folder. Different problem).

What I would like, and hope it works this way, is for Contact Us to send an email to the Admin Group...is that doable...?

Sorry for including the redirect to phpbb/community issue in this topic...my bad...I mixed problems.

...and yes, I am aware we are behind in upgrades but owner wanted to stay on 3.3.1 until he had the time to do the upgrades...
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin »

You can help resolve the emails being seen as SPAM by using this site to check where you need to improve your settings.

As far as I am aware there isn't an extension that sends emails to multiple users as you describe. However, This Extension will allow the message to be posted on a designated forum rather than sending an email. With the correct permissions set that my help you.
nickp306

Post by nickp306 »

Thanks for your reply...will look into the links you provided...

A more basic question...if I did nothing except enable Contact Us, where does the email go to when a member or guest click on Contact Us...?

Should it go to the specific email address in Email Settings/Contact Email Address...?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

nickp306 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:34 pm ...and yes, I am aware we are behind in upgrades but owner wanted to stay on 3.3.1 until he had the time to do the upgrades...
phpBB 3.3.2 was released on Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:55 pm.
I guess the owner still hasn't got the time to do the upgrade since he's now delegating it. 8-)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by HiFiKabin »

ACP > Email Settings > Contact Email Address
nickp306

Post by nickp306 »

Thanks all for your responses...