Forum image

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
potzzo

Forum image

Post by potzzo »

I just don't get this at all;
Forum image:
Location, relative to the phpBB root directory, of an additional image to associate with this forum.
What is a forum image?

And once i have such an image do I then create a password for it or should a password have already been created?

Thanks
TJ - Total Newbie
Last edited by Mick on Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Forum image

Post by warmweer »

potzzo wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:25 am
Forum image:
Location, relative to the phpBB root directory, of an additional image to associate with this forum.
What is a forum image?

And once i have such an image do I then create a password for it or should a password have already been created?
Image = illustration/picture >>> you can assign a different image for each forum
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Both an image and a password are completely optional if you want to have them.

The image field allows you to put a picture next to the forum title. For instance if you had a board about pets you might want to put a picture of a dog next to the dog forum and a cat next to the cat forum etc.

The password field allows you to add password access to a specific forum, for example a VIP forum. Although in reality it's far better to limit access to particular people using the built in group options.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
potzzo

Post by potzzo »

So, I found out that I can just ignore the Forum Image.

But the documentation doesn't explain what a Forum Image is or what it's for. So, I'm wondering what it's for and if it's advisable to have one?

Thanks
potzzo

Post by potzzo »

Ok, disregard my last post. Somehow didn't see the response. So, anyway, kevc, thanks for the info.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”