We would like to add the “ignore” feature

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Shaynabuc

We would like to add the “ignore” feature

Post by Shaynabuc »

I apologize in advance for perhaps posting this in the wrong forum- please tell me where I should post it and I will delete and repost there.

Some of our members on our board get into it regularly with other members - we are wanting for members to be able to put other members on ignore. I know I saw that feature on other boards but cannot seem to figure out where it is to apply it our board.

Thank you so very much in advance. I am thrilled to find this community!!
Last edited by Mick on Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
Anișor
Translator

Re: We would like to add the “ignore” feature

Post by Anișor »

Welcome!

You can manage your friends & foes in the UCP.
User Control Panel ->Friends & Foes.
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Private messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.
Formerly known as Neculai Anisor
Discord: Criminus#1996
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Also check ACP > System > (Module Management) User Control Panel > Friends & Foes to see whether it has been enabled or disabled system wide.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Shaynabuc

Post by Shaynabuc »

P_I wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:14 am Also check ACP > System > (Module Management) User Control Panel > Friends & Foes to see whether it has been enabled or disabled system wide.
Thank you both!

I think I may not have been clear - on another phpBB board that I was a member of - directly on each posters post in a topic was an icon that could be clicked on that literally put the poster on ignore. Once that was engaged none of that posters appeared again in any topic or anywhere to the person who put them on ignore.

But are you saying if they go into the poster that they want to put on ignore and make them a “foe” it will generate the same results?

Thanks so much again.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Yes, try it (no loss no gain) if what you saw previously was different to the built in friends and foes it was almost certainly an extension (or a mod if it was an old board) You could try searching here or, if you can’t find anything to suit your purpose, you can make an extension request. You could also ask the owner of the other board what it is he’s using.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Shaynabuc

Post by Shaynabuc »

Thank you!
Shaynabuc

Post by Shaynabuc »

Mick wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:42 am Yes, try it (no loss no gain) if what you saw previously was different to the built in friends and foes it was almost certainly an extension (or a mod if it was an old board) You could try searching here or, if you can’t find anything to suit your purpose, you can make an extension request. You could also ask the owner of the other board what it is he’s using.
Listing them as foe did work! Thank you .

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”