Upgrade 3.2.3 to latest patch (3.3.11?)

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
cridler

Upgrade 3.2.3 to latest patch (3.3.11?)

Post by cridler »

Hi,

I am not very technical, I did build the forum ages ago and managed to upgrade to 3.2 a while back but it was not straight forward, i lost all extensions and my user base were not best pleased.

I was wandering if anyone with expertise can help me upgrade from 3.2.3 to the latest patch.

The main reason for this is I use wordpress now and that needs php8 but when i goto php8 i get a blank screen on the forum and cannot go passed php 7.3.

I can fund the help , i just have a horrible feeling that if i do the upgrade ill lose everything and the forum is 17 years old so that would be devastating.

If it is really easy I can do it but been putting it off so long as i didn't want to break anything. I only have 2 extensions on but get errors all over the place in the ACP when i switch between screens, (just an example not one to fix...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2674: file(./../styles/prosilver/style.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2677: Invalid argument supplied for foreach())

it all still works though.

If you fancy the work, please let me know
Cheers
Chris
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Upgrade 3.2.3 to latest patch (3.3.11?)

Post by Mick »

It's not allowed to offer payment in any form for assistance in this forum, but we can help you, for free! If you feel what you want to do is beyond your capability, then please post in the Wanted! forum where you may find someone willing to take on your project.

Following Upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3 - full package religiously usually helps though. Don’t forget to backup before you start.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
cridler

Re: Upgrade 3.2.3 to latest patch (3.3.11?)

Post by cridler »

Thank you.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”