A good forum related to Y2K clothing, a good idea?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Keurth
Name: Paul Deuchard

Re: A good forum related to Y2K clothing, a good idea?

Post by Keurth »

Good evening to all!

First of all, I want to thank all the people of the forum who contributed to our future y2k forum. I waited two weeks before posting in order to better give you the guidelines that we have set up with my friends.

Firstly, we made the choice to specialize in the style of the year 2000 and only in the clothes of the years 2000. Why this choice? Well, as far as I know, no forum in the world (I'm talking about big professional forums) is specialized in the Y2K movement. I find this very curious because this event has shaken up the computer world and the fast fashion world at the same time. Moreover, there is a return of this bug in the music, the fashion, the aestheticism in general... It's to be followed.

As for the name, we chose to call it the "Y2K Black Out" project. I wanted a name that represented both extinction and rebirth. Darkness and light. And, for the moment, I haven't found a better one :lol:
We started to put the categories and sub-categories on a mindmap to organize the structure of the site. I contacted several of my old friends to manage the moderation team, we must be at least 6 or 7 people for the moment. My only concern will be to attract members to the forum over time. I'm relying on social networks such as Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok and probably Twitter over time. I think that doing SEO could also bring a lot of value, to see with time.

For the financing, I count on my personal resources and the contribution of my friends. A phpbb forum doesn't cost that much when there are only a few of us, but it could go up with time if I start sharing content and visitors. So, we made the choice to potentially put ads. I wanted to get a partner like another y2k forum, an aesthetic wiki or even a y2K clothing store for example. This will certainly help me to develop my phpbb better. We would really like to build the best forum in the business, and I plan to share with you all the evolution of the project with time.

If you have any other advice to give us, it would be with a huge pleasure. I'm looking at videos on the net and tips on YouTube to get the project started. We plan to make a y2k forum with the graphics of the time (i.e. a forum under windows 98 lol). It will be the occasion to take advantage of the revival of the movement to learn how to make phpbb forums and to give birth to my future projects.

That will be all! Thanks again, and see you next time :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kailey on Sun May 21, 2023 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unneeded URLs
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

People who knew COBOL could make big bucks leading up to 2000.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

They still make big bucks, maybe even more as back then.
Maytea
Name: Lisa

Post by Maytea »

Paul wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:02 pm They still make big bucks, maybe even more as back then.
I can imagine. But how do they do it? I don't see how, it looks obsolete now :roll:
Paul
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Because it is still used in very specific use cases?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Maytea wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:44 pmit looks obsolete now
There are still mainframes and there’s still an IBM there’s two reasons.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Maytea
Name: Lisa

Post by Maytea »

Mick wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:43 pm
Maytea wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:44 pmit looks obsolete now
There are still mainframes and there’s still an IBM there’s two reasons.
It's impressive to think that this kind of programming language is still popular today. If I go to y2k in the wikipedia page, it tells me about some programs related to what IBM uses. Do you think people can use programming languages from the 60s to make money today?
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

I think we've geared off-topic from the original post.

At the end of the day, you can make your phpBB board cover any subject you wish. If people find your content interesting, then they will join. For suggestions about engaging users, have a look at the following topic: The hardest question of all... how do you get new users?.

Good luck!
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.

Return to “General Discussion”