Why is there a line showing above my signature when I don't currently have one?

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
Bruce Banner

Why is there a line showing above my signature when I don't currently have one?

Post by Bruce Banner »

I'm using prosilver. I did just have a signature but I got rid of it but the line's still showing. Is that normal?
Capture.PNG
Last edited by Mick on Tue May 23, 2023 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Why is there a line showing above my signature when I don't currently have one?

Post by Mannix_ »

no that line should not be there if you don't have signature
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Bruce Banner

Re: Why is there a line showing above my signature when I don't currently have one?

Post by Bruce Banner »

Mannix_ wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:23 am no that line should not be there if you don't have signature
That's what I thought. Could it be an extension that's doing it?
Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

that would be a good guess
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

I'll check through them to see which one's doing it.
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

Damn. Just disabled all the extensions and deleted all their data too but the line's still showing.
Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

is that board online? can we have a link to see what's going on ??
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

Problem solved now. I'd made a couple of changes to viewtopic.php and styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html to accommodate an extension called "First post on every page", but I hadn't enabled that extension yet. With it enabled, that line is gone and so are the PHP warning and the visual inconsistencies you mentioned to me in private. Thanks!
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

I was wrong. It wasn't the "First post on every page" extension that caused the horizontal line below posts. I'd just assumed it was that because it was responsible for those visual inconsistencies you pointed out. Turns out it's actually sylver35's Breizh Ajax Preview extension. I get the same problem with the version of that extension that's in the CDB, 1.1.0, and the latest one from sylver35's website, 1.4.0. I'll post a topic in the extension's support section but sylver35's not been around for a few days so I'd appreciate if anyone here can help me out with it.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”