Which extensions increase site engagement?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
Harrison76

Which extensions increase site engagement?

Post by Harrison76 »

Hello, everyone,
I wanted to know in your opinion, what extensions could be tried out to increase user co-invitation to the site. By engagement I mean that a user enters the site perhaps via a search on the engines, then once he has read what he was interested in perhaps he reads another post, then another topic again and so on. So that he finds other things on the site that interest him besides what he was looking for at the beginning, so that he stays on the site as long as possible and browses as many pages as possible. Do you have any suggestions of extensions to try that would help do this? Thanks
5hocK

Re: Which extensions increase site engagement?

Post by 5hocK »

Harrison76 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:26 am then once he has read what he was interested in perhaps he reads another post, then another topic again and so on.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ar_topics/
Harrison76

Post by Harrison76 »

hello, and thank you for your reply; that one is in fact already activated, although I don't know if there are any settings to make it work at its best, I left everything by default.
Any other plugins or solutions to increase the involvement even more, to add to this, are there not any that you know of?
Thanks
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

You can use the Advanced BBCode Box.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... bcode_box/

If someone posts a link to a YouTube video, then it displays in the forum. This keeps them engaged with your site rather than having the link taking them to YouTube.
Entropy is maintenance free.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Floyd wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:12 ama link to a YouTube video displays in the forum
So does Media Embed which actually embeds much more than just YouTube without all the faff and it’s an official phpBB extension.

Also there's a big (similar) topic on this in GD The hardest question of all... how do you get new users?.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Sometimes it's more to do with the perception of the board. There are some I post on a lot and some I just lurk on. That's largely due to the perceived atmosphere. Some are friendly, some antagonistic, some cliquey, some overly opinionated. Those will influence people an awful lot as well as the content or what extensions they have.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

Mick wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:38 amSo does Media Embed which actually embeds much more than just YouTube without all the faff and it’s an official phpBB extension.
For what it’s worth, Advanced BBCode Box does more than YouTube as well. Examples include Amazon, Google Docs, NPR, & other media formats.
Entropy is maintenance free.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what increases site engagement is things that make people want to come to your board and get involved in the discussions.

make sure there is some interest in your board's subject matter.
make sure there is plenty of relevant information about that subject matter.
you can make sure that forum and topic titles relate to that subject matter.
etc. etc.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

I found that if you periodically send an email to users who have not logged in for a while, a good number of them will indeed log in and check out what's new. The key point is to make sure that there's something new for them to see! :)
Harrison76

Post by Harrison76 »

hello, the email one is very interesting: is there any plugin that does like a weekly summary, and that complies with the privacy law? Thank you
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Not sure if this is user or admin driven

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _extension
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”