I have a humble request.

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
Ümit Şahin

I have a humble request.

Post by Ümit Şahin »

Hello, we want the keywords feature as a built-in feature, not as an add-on.

I mean when PhpBB 4.0 comes out. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
halil16
Name: Halil

Re: I have a humble request.

Post by halil16 »

Hi :)
Facebook and X don't have this. I don't think users will pay attention to these in a forum, which is a social platform
. Even though I am very meticulous in my own articles, I leave them blank in the forums I use. On the other hand, SEO is not just about keywords. Google is much smarter than it seems. What matters is quality content. (Using the right words is also important. Google understands.)
Buy me a coffee
Hire me for your phpBB board.
Introducing Mobile Upgrade! Make your phpBB board like an app!
O BeldeThatTowns*for sale*
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

The idea of the extension system is to keep the core clean; in other words, no bloat. I realize that bloat is subjective, but the developers do their best to include features that will benefit the most users. I personally haven't seen a lot of requests for a tag system as you indicated, but there's already an extension to enable this feature for phpBB.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules
If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.

My little corner of the world | Administrator @ phpBB Modders
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Ümit Şahin wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:15 pm Hello, we want the keywords feature as a built-in feature, not as an add-on.

I mean when PhpBB 4.0 comes out. :roll:
You could post in the Ideas forum if only to find out whether the idea has enough support.
My view is that this could be useful/interesting on some forums but on the other hand Forum descriptions should already be descriptive enough in most cases (as should subforum names)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

This topic has been moved from Ideas.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel©
🇬🇧
Ümit Şahin

Post by Ümit Şahin »

I understand, but Xenforo comes as a built-in feature in the forum and WordPress software, are they making mistakes?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Every software development team chooses the features they think their users will want. They can't all have all of them.

Of all the forums I've ever used (xenforo included) I've never knowingly seen tags on topics. I'm not sure many people would be bothered to sit and think up key words to type in. They just want to post something and either get an answer or join in the chat.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”